Heavy handed Morrison

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
morrisons1.jpg

Sponsored Links
I would like to say I'll boycott Morrisons, but I do that allready because they refused to take a £20 note off me at the filling station at Cribbs because I refused to remove my skid lid.

It doesn't sound like a "reasonable instruction" to me. Make sure you have good representation if you want to fight it. After recent news articles about crucifix being banned I'm sure the nationals would make a real meal of this, especially where a food store is involved. Or are you already subject to a gagging clause!!

I'm already boycotting Morrison's food - beacause it's $hite. ;)

Would find it very hard for a total boycott though, as they're the only ones in the area that stock bottles of Stowford Press.

Seriously, fair play to you for standing your ground. Do you know of others who work for Morrisons who are allowed to wear different symbols, poss for religous reasons? Are the rules applied in an unbiased way?

Seeing a situation like this makes me realise that I wouldn't last 5 mins working for someone else - before a jumped-up, 12 year old 'manager' became the recipient of a good tvvatting. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
this was in the paper today,caused a bit of a sh++e storm and so it should.

Morrisons chief executive Dalton Philips issued a statement apologising for the way his company handled the situation.

Mr Philips said: “Quite simply we got the balance wrong.”

The chief executive said badges and bands were banned for food safety reasons and from now on the ban would only apply to staff preparing food.

He said: “Colleagues not preparing fresh food will now be able to wear a pin badge or bracelet to show their support for registered charities like Help for Heroes. So Adam can return to work and wear his poppy with pride.

Read more: http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Morriso...tory-19123653-detail/story.html#ixzz2UiJ1Q3SX
Follow us: @thisiscornwall on Twitter | thisiscornwall on Facebook

It's amazing how these people perform U-turns when the press get involved, isn't it?

I think if I were ever involved in something like this, the Daily Mail would be my first port of call, never mind unions.

It's amazing how these people perform U-turns when the press get involved, isn't it?

I think if I were ever involved in something like this, the Daily Mail would be my first port of call, never mind unions.
Maybe they're worried about their shares dropping?

Maybe they're worried about their shares dropping?

Maybe they're worried about bad publicity. Thank God we have a free press. Can you imagine what some companies, let alone the government, would get away with if we didn't?

Sponsored Links
Back