HELP changing a plug needed!!!

Yes, you still do.

Case could be broken exposing live parts.

Pins could be loose.

Pins may be real old school (bs1363 - a), so unsleeved.....bin it.

What about the plug in air fresheners?

Sponsored Links
Taylortwocities said:
so do i just bung an OK sticker on it and take the money and run? :confused:
No, you do a visual test first, then test the output to see it conforms to what the label says (if no label then you cannot pass it) and if it passes then put a sticker on it.

Did a PAT 2377 course a few months ago and i passed. But we only did one hours practical so there are things im quite unsure of like testing IT equiptment.
The course was quite boring as there where non electricians with us the tutor had to explain loads of simple stuff to them.

tim west said:
Taylortwocities said:
so do i just bung an OK sticker on it and take the money and run? :confused:
No, you do a visual test first, then test the output to see it conforms to what the label says (if no label then you cannot pass it) and if it passes then put a sticker on it.

And do a leakage check

Link live and neutral pins of the device and measure resistance between live and both sides of the ouptut. The ideal value is 500 Meg Ohms or higher.

Sponsored Links
Find tips and help at [link removed] Ask a question directly to an electrician for a free answer reply within 24 hrs
[Link removed]

Question:
What is the formula for calculating the voltage drop for a set length cable and how to i work out what the maximum length cable is my circuit can be?

Wrong Answer:
(ref. IEE wiring regulations Appendix 6 Table 6D2)

Right answer:
(ref IEE Wiring Regulations Appendix 4 Tables 4D1B, 4D2B, 4D3B, 4D4B, 4D5, 4E1B, 4E2B, 4E3B, 4E4B, 4F1B, 4F2B, 4F3B, 4G1B, 4G2B,......

Question:
Can I use 2 dimmer switches on a two way light circuit?

Wrong Answer:
Unfortunatly not. One needs to be a standard 2 way switch.

Right Answer:
Yes you can but you have to use dimmer switches designed to work together in this way.

Question:
What is supplementary equipotential Bonding (Supplementary Bonding)?

Wrong Answer:
Supplementary Equipotential Bonding is connecting together conductive parts of an electrical item and non-electrical item such as an electrical shower unit and the copper pipe work of the bath in order to prevent the occurance of a dangerous voltage between them under an earth fault connection.

"conductive parts of an electrical item"? - What, all of them? Would that be safe?

"non-electrical item such as ...the copper pipe work of the bath". Even if the pipes are not extraneous-conductive-parts? Would that be safe?

Height of sockets, switches & controls
"The building regs require that all switches and socket-outlets be installed so that all persons including those whose reach is limited can easily use them. Sockets-outlets and switches should therefore be installed at a height of between 450mm and 1200mm from the finished floor level."

Wrong.

I can't be *rsed to look for any more confusing, badly written, incorrect rubbish on your site, riddled with grammatical and spelling errors.

Go away, you pointless and incompetent waste of space. The OP isn't still waiting for an answer after over 3 years anyway. :rolleyes:

BAS Over my 51 years I alway lean't more from teachers who had a certain style and attitude.

Ever thought about taking on the challenge ?

Have you ever read this ?

wilt5-1.jpg

No point in doing an IR test
You can do an IR test to the output and i'd say there is definately a point to doing so since the device the wall wart is connected to may well connect the output of the wall wart to touchable metal parts.

What about the plug in air fresheners?
Afaict the main risk with those is them overheating, as such a run test to determine the power consuption was reasonable would probablly be a good idea. The same could probablly be said of wall warts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back