Help - How can I hide my boiler?

The filter could have been plumbed above or below the boiler to reduce the footprint for any covering/cupboard.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The seal round the flue pipe is not fitted well and the condensate pipe could have been done better. Was this job done by a professional for good money?

Flue looks too close to window, but may be perspective in the photo.

Yep - fitted by a professional. He did manage this all in one day (a stupidly long one) including a power flush, but it's done now. More a matter of how I get rid of the mess. You've all been helpful though. I just need to smash together a box. I might move the junction box and the transmitter under the boiler. Surely that makes way more sense?

Here's another shot from the side. The flume doesn't exactly sit flush, but it is just the flappy edges.

http://i.imgur.com/XLhmCGX.jpg

Last edited:
When you do box it in, please make the boxing as tight as possible so that it take the service guy half an hour to remove pelmets and cornice sections just to get the frontcover off.

After all that is what highly skilled artisan kitchen fitters do.

It looks similar to my boiler set up without the JB and wifi jobby, kitchen fitter just adapted a Howdens wall cupboard around it, looks fine now

Yep - fitted by a professional. He did manage this all in one day (a stupidly long one) including a power flush, but it's done now. More a matter of how I get rid of the mess. You've all been helpful though. I just need to smash together a box. I might move the junction box and the transmitter under the boiler. Surely that makes way more sense?

Here's another shot from the side. The flume doesn't exactly sit flush, but it is just the flappy edges.

http://i.imgur.com/XLhmCGX.jpg
You could make a cover from some light weight plastic material which i am not sure what it is called but I think its use is in external cladding, I saw it being sold at a local bath and plumbing store, they are like tongue and grove type of thing, i made a bath side panel from it and it came out better than those ready to fit panel, and it cost me less than £20 for the bath panel.
here is what it may look like, you make it such a way that it is self supporting and tucks in cornet and can be easily moved out and away, no fixings required, I made one for my bath panel and has no fixings what so ever and is held in position by slight tight fit and tucks under the bath panel, likewise you could make something along the ceiling where it just tucks under and pushed in and slide against the wall. This material is quite rigid and does not flex easily, unlike the cheap ready made plastic side panels which are flimsy and buckle easily.

You may also use things like UPVC Flat Boards, comes in different widths, and lengths at very reasonable price, and is maintenance free, no paint required, etc etc. Use your imagination.

first of all this is how it may look
kitchen boiler mess cover.jpg

And this is how I made a bath panel and pipe cover for my tenants, all self supporting, nothing screwed on for ease of service just tucked in under the tub rim and wooden frame behind.
IMG_20170215_224620[1].jpg

IMG_20170227_213158[1].jpg

IMG_20170223_210701[1].jpg

IMG_20170223_210819[1].jpg

Cheap, effective and water proof, no paint required!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back