Help needed sourcing a cooker switch/ socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I want to replace the combined cooker switch and socket in my kitchen for a brushed chrome one but really struggling to source a replacement. The fascia is roughly 165mm in width x 110mm high and the distance between the fixing screws is about 140mm.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I want to replace the combined cooker switch and socket in my kitchen for a brushed chrome one but really struggling to source a replacement. The fascia is roughly 165mm in width x 110mm high and the distance between the fixing screws is about 140mm.

Sounds like a crabtree switch. Does it have orange switches on it?

What you have got is probably one of these:
Size is 168x114mm. There is a version without neons.

As for a brushed chrome one in that size - not going to happen.

Options:
1. Keep what you have got
2. Replace with a new one, which will look exactly the same as the old one.
3. Hack out the wall and fit a new backbox so a chrome one can be fitted.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Sounds like a crabtree switch. Does it have orange switches on it?

Its got 2 red switches on it, 1 for the socket and 1 for the cooker.

What you have got is probably one of these:
Size is 168x114mm. There is a version without neons.

As for a brushed chrome one in that size - not going to happen.

Options:
1. Keep what you have got
2. Replace with a new one, which will look exactly the same as the old one.
3. Hack out the wall and fit a new backbox so a chrome one can be fitted.

Thanks for your reply, looks very similar, dimensions look exact. Might be a case of fitting a double gang backbox and making good the mess left!

Thanks "FlamePort" - Can you get hold of one of those cooker switches - I have one that has a terminal that is burnt out ...

Even a second hand one would do...

Regards

Greg McC
Liverpool

Try here.

And why did it burn out? Loose connection or overload? Very important to fix the cause of the problem as well as deal with the symptoms.

Also very important is that if any of the cables have been damaged by overheating they must be cut back past any burnt/discoloured/hard insulation and discoloured copper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back