Help please with a Quote!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your help!!!

i have just call out an A/C engineer, paying £285 for all the copper, fitting, and then using a vac pump - a good investment - thanks for all ya help :LOL:

Anyone want to buy a air con vac pump and gauges. Bought all the kit to do split a/c a couple of years ago and only used it on one job.

Sponsored Links
If you have broken the pipework you will need to Vac down the new pipework to remove ALL MOISTURE, as even a small amount of moisture will destroy the compressor, This work should only be carried out by a person who holds a Refrigerant Handling Certificate, and after July 1st will need to be registered with REFCOM the lines supplied are pre vac'd so additional refrigerant of the correct type will need to be added, I think £300 would be a good investment when the potential to wreck the whole unit is taken into account :rolleyes:

This is interesting. I fitted a couple of DIY split units getting on for three years ago now, and they came with pre-flared and fitted 5 metre lengths of refrigerant line. They were capped off as supplied to prevent any crud getting into them, but the caps had to be removed before fitting, there was certainly no vacuum in the line as it was not the 'quick connect' type.

Being of chinese or taiwanese origin, the instructions weren't in the clearest english, but one of the steps involved a 'purge air procedure'. This consisted of opening a valve on the condenser unit for 5 seconds or so, closing it, and then venting off a schrader valve, then repeating again before allowing the refrigerant into the system.

There was certainly no vacuum compressor involved, and in spite of this, the units were running continuously under quite significant heat load for a year and a half until I left the property and were 100%r reliable.

I'm not saying that it's not a good idea to vac a system down, and of course it must be done if the installation instructions specifically ask for it, but food for thought nontheless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back