Help!! Radiators hot but no Hot Water!!

just put hw on only for now see if the pipe gets hot.
if it don't the boiler won't run for long.

Sponsored Links
Ive tried it a few times this morning, the pipe still doesn't get hot. The boiler stays on, though I hear a click after about half an hour or so then when I look at it its on again so think it may shut off to cool down.

on the end of the valve is a lever that you can push across, is it stiff to push or floppy ?

There is a lever on the silver box set to 'Auto' it flips accross to 'mannual' and back loosely if thats what you mean.

I have taken a picture of the pipework am just trying to figure out how to post it here

Sponsored Links
if you have only got hw on at the programmer and heating off
and the lever is floppy as if its not connected to anything it sounds like the valve is stuck in heating only position.

this will make the pipe to the cylinder cold and the pipe to heating still hot.

its the valve you been pushing the lever on.

is the pipe to the heating still hot even though you only have the hw on ?

your pic didn't work

nope not hot at all, its a bit warm near to the valve, but then gets colder as it moves towards the cylinder.

How do I reset the valve? Ive looked at it and cant seem to see anything on it that would do that?

* Im retrying the upload now

it sounds like its jammed.

one final test you can do is to isolate your mains power on the fused switch on the wall, that will kill all power to the system.
this will reset the valve.

then you can check the lever on the valve it should be stiff to push as it will be in its relaxed position.

is their a switch on the wall in the airing cupboard or near the boiler that will switch the power off to the system electrics.

Ive been watching the boiler too as Ive had it on water only, and it does appear to be cutting off after a while, then coming back on a gain after a few minutes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back