Help required bathroom fan please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, wondering if anyone would be kind enough and advise me on the following..

We have a bathroom fan that goes to 3amp switch fused spur looks to me it’s taken off the bathroom light circuit as one would expect.

Now the current fan has died, I would think the manufacturer required the 3amp spur to be fitted?

The fan I wish to install (looking online at instructions) doesn’t say anything about a 3amp fuse..

Can I change this for a 3 pole fan isolater and then run switch live from the junction box as the previous fan was running constantly? The fan Im wanting to purchase has timer so would be ideal to have it on with bathroom light... then to go off when time has passed.

This is what I have, the top right wire goes to the 3amp fan switch, I presume the black/red sleeve is the switch live I need for timer.. taking it to the new 3 pole isolator using single core with an earth would this be ok?

Also wondering if the neutral that goes to the left hand side is ok? Cable wise.. This was already installed by previous .. just goes back to the light fitting so should be fine.

Appreciate a response as showering in the bathroom with no window and screwed fan is not good !! :)

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Hi, i would suggest you rewire that rats nest:D using 3 core from that JB to your 3 pole isolator. Also check your lighting circuit is fed from a 6a mcb.

The other option is to take all the cables to the ceiling rose,if you have one.

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes circuit on 6a mcb, the JB is directly above where the isolator would be mounted below (outside bathroom) so I’m thinking easy to go JB..

Thanks !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back