Help with a central heating quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I got a quote for a new central heating system for a 2 storey, 3 bedroom house, can I ask your opinion and do you think that sounds like a decent price? and is the brands used for radiators and boiler ok?

Thanks for your help

-------
Supply & Fit New Central Heating System Including (removing old system):
TRV's, Chemically Treated, Fully Interlocked, Corgi Certification Upon Completion (21 Days)
8 Kermi Radiators (10 year guarantee):
600 x 600 (2)
800 x 600 (3)
1200 x 600 (2)
Towel Radiator (1)
Piping: Copper

Boiler:
Make: Viessman combi with condenser (includes timer/room thermostat)
Size: 30KW
Efficiency Band: A
Guarantee: 5 years parts and labour

Timescale: 3 days
Total Price: £2460

Sponsored Links
Just remember for the 5 year parts and labour g`tee to be valid the boiler requires servicing every year. good price though

Thanks for that.

Yeah the engineer explained that to me said the first year you get the service free the following 3 years is £45 for each service and the final year is £65 because they have to drain and refill the system with the chemical solution.

I think it would be worth it in the long run though.

Sponsored Links
in my opinion that is cheap, maybe a sign of the uncertain times we are in.

As a rough price / guesstimate would would that kind of system normally cost?

Thanks again

That does seem ok, just had a new boiler put in. slightly different position but very little pipework, no new radiators and only 4 TRVs fitted for around £2800 inc vat BG came in at around 4.4k for same job but including magnetic cleaners.

Ridiculously too cheap. I would say a normal price would be about £1500 + VAT more than this :eek:

Was this an actual quote, or an estimate?

there was no mention of vat, I take it the price stated was plus vat. I havnt seen the job so couldn't be specific but it seems to me that your man is doing it at just about cost. just over a cup of tea, I'd be pricing blind of course, but I reacon that's about a grand plus vat short of what I'd go in at.

think the guy hasnt allowed for labour :rolleyes:
how and why do a full system so cheap with running costs of a business?
Just renewed my liability insurance 500 notes there abouts. can persons working at low labour rates afford such things?

William Smith Ltd are the only Viesmann approved installer I know of in the area which is why I think it may be them quoting.

They market pretty aggressively but are a well established company.

However the price quoted is way too cheap considering the quote allows for the stripping out of an old heating system which will take the best part of a day for one man or a decent half shift for two.

Cheapest heating kit for a Sabre 25 HE (£449) and copper is about the £1K mark

http://www.mrcentralheating.com/

So add another £400 for the Viessman boiler

http://www.bhl.co.uk/home.php?cat=6833

and your left with about £300 a day labour.

Whoever is doing this job is throwing it away and pretty desperate ,IMO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back