Help with Lightwave, light switch and PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hoping that someone can help or point me in the right direction.
Background is, my Dad died just over two years ago and his (my parents house) has/had a lot of home automation, of different kinds/products. There were no notes on what anything was or how he had set up anything! I spent the first year getting to grips with what controlled what (makes, apps, how etc) and now have some basic setup/knowledge.
We have a 3 gang light switch in the hallway which controls
1: outside light on separate PIR
2: 2 x hallway lights, connected together on a separate PIR
3: Stair light with microwave PIR lightbulb

I believe that 3 gang switch is Lightwave L23 and PIR's are LightwaveRF PIR LW107

My question is - The two hallway lights that are controlled on a single PIR - Can I add an additional PIR to increase the range of 'sensing'. So that it is working off two PIR's at the same time?
Think L shaped hallway, with 5 rooms coming off it and front door and stairway going upstairs. We need both hallway lights to come on at the same time, to give adequate light coverage. Current set up means that PIR can either pick you up once you are a few steps into the hallway from any room, front door, stairs Or can pick you up once first step into hallway from rooms, but then don't get coverage at front door/stairway.
We need it to pick you up from first step into hallway from any room, front door and stairway due to elderly Mother

I could get adequate sensor range if I put a PIR at either end of the L shape - but I don't know (have tried Googling, but am clearly not coming up with the correct search terms!) if I can put two PIR's on !

Sponsored Links
Have done a very rough drawing of current set up
Hallway.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back