Help with oven and hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all im new to this forum!
Im buying replacement electric oven and gas hob built in to kitchen.
Its simply going to fit in existing place.
My query is do i need corgi reg engineer to fit either or both and probable cost, or can I?

Thanks in advance

Ant

Welcome,

I'm going to moved this topic to the Plumbing & Central Heating and can you post another topic for the electric oven question in the Electrics UK.

Sponsored Links
Hi, welcome to the forum. You've actually posted this in the wrong place, but the mods will probably move it to plumbing, where you will be beaten with a large piece of lead by the Corgi man. Then you'll be transfered to electrics where Mr P will rip your spurs out and beat you with the soggy ends.

By the way, did I say welcome to the forum :D

Igorian said:
Hi, welcome to the forum. You've actually posted this in the wrong place, but the mods will probably move it to plumbing, where you will be beaten with a large piece of lead by the Corgi man. Then you'll be transfered to electrics where Mr P will rip your spurs out and beat you with the soggy ends.

By the way, did I say welcome to the forum :D
and if it is programmable then the software section will sort your bits out.

You should get a corgi in to check hose, gas rate it, commission it etc. Probably find it will have an adverse effect on your house insurance if not done.

Sponsored Links
Ollski things are different in Austria in the UK we don't use hoses to connect hobs.

Paul Barker said:
Ollski things are different in Austria in the UK we don't use hoses to connect hobs.

Paul you wan't to start reading those instructions mate.....loads of hobs now permissable on hoses ;)

Reminds me, I read the instructions on one from B&Q - a Hotpoint 5 burner. It demanded that there was a powered extractor hood going to outside, and a vent in the wall at least 100 sq cm. It also required 2 cubic metres kitchen volume per kW input (which the kitchen alone didn't have!).

Seems a bit ott to me.

ChrisR said:
Reminds me, I read the instructions on one from B&Q - a Hotpoint 5 burner. It demanded that there was a powered extractor hood going to outside, and a vent in the wall at least 100 sq cm. It also required 2 cubic metres kitchen volume per kW input (which the kitchen alone didn't have!).

Seems a bit ott to me.

Everythings going ott chris....spent all morning in a meeting about the new open flued ventilation regs this morning....awful lot of At Risk appliances around very soon.

You can't use a hose on a hob as the hose is impossible to install as the manufacturer intended ie. it must hang in a U shape so the liner inside is not strained - there is insufficient space with an oven installed underneath.

Furthermore it is possible to exceed the maximum temperature rating of the hose if it was in contact with the back of the oven.

The majority of gas leaks occur with poorly installed gas hobs.

Gasguru said:
You can't use a hose on a hob as the hose is impossible to install as the manufacturer intended ie. it must hang in a U shape so the liner inside is not strained - there is insufficient space with an oven installed underneath.

Furthermore it is possible to exceed the maximum temperature rating of the hose if it was in contact with the back of the oven.

The majority of gas leaks occur with poorly installed gas hobs.

You can mate...I did it last week, think the hob was an indesit. The supply ran behind the oven and the tail supplied on the hob made it pretty simple. There is no difference temperature wise between the way the hob hose and the oven hose, they sat virtually side by side in the permissable zone for the oven. Depends on the oven and the space you have of course.

"....spent all morning in a meeting about the new open flued ventilation regs this morning...."

What are those then? Something else I didn't know.

Paul Barker said:
"....spent all morning in a meeting about the new open flued ventilation regs this morning...."

What are those then? Something else I didn't know.

New corgi regs since 1/8/05 apparantly.....flyscreen = AR, more than 10% undersize = AR, incorrect open flue comp. vents = AR....loads of old ncs situations are upgraded to At Risk.

Is that what is covered in the article in the September issue of Gas Installer? I haven't read it properly yet. It looked like a rehash of old rules - is there a significant change?

OK, Ollski's post answers mine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back