HELP with Surrey flange please. Need advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please help as i am in the throws of finishing my en suite and have hit a problem.
I purchased a Surrey flange a couple of months ago as i knew i would need one for my power shower installation. All pipework to and from my HW storage tank is 22mm so i assumed i had the correct flange. Today i decided to fit it and quickly realised the 1" male bsp thread was no way going to fit the outlet at the top of my tank. The outlet i have is 3/4".
I dont know why i have to have a non standard size... nothing seems to go to plan.
I have posted a picture here:
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z302/oogzy/DSC00107.jpg
I have found other Surrey flanges online with a 3/4 male tank connector but these only have 1/2" outlets to the system.
Would it be possible to use pipe adapters to size back up to the 22mm existing pipework, or will this cause a problem with bottlenecks etc? I could really do without shelling out over £200 on a new cylinder right now.
Advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Can't see why 15mm outlet would not be enough for a power shower.

Other option would be to fit an essex flange in the side at the top.

Are you sure the cylinder doesn't have a 1" female thread with a reducing bush (1" x ¾") or a 1" x 22mm fitting in it? It's hard to tell from the pic but it looks like it could be.

Thanks for your quick replies.
I did wonder this myself as you can see the nut sits on top of a raised boss. As the raised bit is circular and no flat edges to get a wrench on, i assumed it must be part of the tank rather than a fitting. I need to cut the copper pipe in order to twist it out, and then im past the point of no return and have to get the job done. I just want to make sure i have all the bits i'll need.
Thanks again

Sponsored Links
don't matter if you use 15mm or 22mm outlet the inner copper tube that supplies the flange is only 15mm on both
just use a 22/15mm reducer to your existing pipework.

Ahh yes i see what you mean - the one i have here has a 22mm tube, but this does 'funnel' down to 15mm at the top where it enters the brass main body.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back