United Kingdom
A warning saying,

IN THE INTEREST
OF SAFETY, IT IS
ADVISABLE TO
KEEP YOUR CHILD
AWAY FROM FIRE
AND FLAMES

That goes without saying, but I think they meant it in the context of wearing their clothes...

Sponsored Links
Not unlike the warning I saw on a packet of peanuts, "Allergy caution, may contain nuts! :confused:

A warning saying,

IN THE INTEREST
OF SAFETY, IT IS
ADVISABLE TO
KEEP YOUR CHILD
AWAY FROM FIRE
AND FLAMES

That goes without saying, but I think they meant it in the context of wearing their clothes...

In the mid eighties when part of my remit was to teach consumer education, a pupil told me about a sign which was displayed in Littlewoods stores. It read, "If for any reason, you are dissatisfied with any product bought in Littlewoods stores, a full refund will be made".

Thinking that I would put it to the test, I took back a pair of trousers that I had had for three years and which were wearing very thin at the knees. I told the girl that I had had the trousers for three years, but that I did not have the receipt. She said that goods were only guaranteed for a year and called a supervisor, who, once I had pointed out the 'Notice' called the manager. He didn't even try to argue the case but gave me a full refund.

Result? A class full of kids who knew how to handle complaints with consumer goods.

Sponsored Links
silly_signs_warning_212394a.jpg

It's like these current stupid flu prevention adverts.

Do we really need a Government to tell us to put our hands in front of our mouths when sneezing?

Whatever next .... hand in front of mouths when yawning, not speaking with our mouths full :rolleyes:

Local councils should employ a "Clip around the ear" warden to patrol the streets looking for instances of bad manners and lapses of common sense

It's like these current stupid flu prevention adverts.

Do we really need a Government to tell us to put our hands in front of our mouths when sneezing?

Whatever next .... hand in front of mouths when yawning, not speaking with our mouths full :rolleyes:

Local councils should employ a "Clip around the ear" warden to patrol the streets looking for instances of bad manners and lapses of common sense
My Postie was sneezing coming down the street delivering these Leaflets. He's possibly infected a few hundred with the very leaflet designed to protect! :D

Sponsored Links
Back