Hep2o changes

A nice informative thread.

Looks a good system are the fittings easily available do they do a manual crimping tool which maybe a bit cheaper than the electric one?

I order the fittings from Plumb Centre but they are not a stock item but can have them next day. Not sure about a manual one check the website they may do can't see why not. The fittings are about twice the price of Yorkshire up to 28mm then they become cheaper than the equivilant.

I think that says it. They are cost effective for commercial applications.

It really is excellent but the machine is £800 but does save on hot works permits and is mainly used in industrial and commercial but you can easily get 15mm and 22mm fittings so we use it domestically to save bundles of time. Also it maintains the earth continuity so no need to run new earths everywhere like plastic pipe.

The fittings look neater than speedfit as well so other than price I can't see a downside

There was/is a crimp system that used normal end-feed copper fittings and pipe. The tool crimped them together. This would be cheap as end-feed fittings are very cheap to buy compared to others.

The Yorkshire Xpress have an O ring in the fitting. How long will this last?

The cost. Is this Express system cheaper than using quality compression fittings like Conex? Compression fittings can be quick to install. They do need a smear of Jet-Blue or LSX on the seating of the fittings.

Sponsored Links
Same reason that Hepworth continually change the design...full of design faults. See more problems with Hep than any other system. Been to too many flooded homes. The last one had a plumber next door trying to work out where the water had come from....told him it had passed through the party wall. :) Grab rings had disintergrated. All carp. If you insist on plastic try Buteline.

Here is the new range
http://hep2o.wavin.com/Hep2o/Joint_Recognition.html

The great thing about Speedfit was that it was easily demountable. It looks like this is, using a plastic tool. The new metal insets have grabs on them so they can't be pulled out. Is that a problem on this sort of fitting?

One plumber I know who works on plastic on new builds, says that they complain of the great pressure needed to push the pipe into the fittings, especially the 10mm stuff. They also forget to put inserts into a few fittings, which he says is very easy to do.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with copper push-fit fittings used with copper pipe, like Cuprofit? These types of fittings are even sold in B&Q

The company I work for has used nothing else but York express and mapress for copper and steel up to 108mm for 8 years now. Yes the fittings and tooling is a little more expensive but the labour saving more than balances this. As for the o-ring, I suspect this will outlast the owner. Geberit mepla sugest more than 50 year life span on there system. 4 seconds a joint, Never had a leak ever. Well if you dont include a couple where the fitter has not fully engaged the pipe into the socked which resulted in catastrophic failure. This is the only draw back as I can see it, its so simple management see it as unskilled, and so you get some numpty not fitting it correctly

The company I work for has used nothing else but York express and mapress for copper and steel up to 108mm for 8 years now. Yes the fittings and tooling is a little more expensive but the labour saving more than balances this. As for the o-ring, I suspect this will outlast the owner. Geberit mepla sugest more than 50 year life span on there system. 4 seconds a joint, Never had a leak ever. Well if you dont include a couple where the fitter has not fully engaged the pipe into the socked which resulted in catastrophic failure. This is the only draw back as I can see it, its so simple management see it as unskilled, and so you get some numpty not fitting it correctly

I didnt know that I always thought the fitting looked odd but gathered it was the manufacturing process.

I will have a look at the Geberit system as I have only used the Rems

Sponsored Links
[quote="Wangerman";p="1815810
I will have a look at the Geberit system as I have only used the Rems[/quote]
Geberit Mapress uses the same Rems tool. Geberit Mepla tool is different as the Multi layer pipe gets crimped over the male fitting, Alough this may be just a different press head on the same tool.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back