Hep2o changes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used the new Hep2o today. But was wondering what was wrong with the old that brought about this change?

merry xmas peoples

Sponsored Links
Same reason that Hepworth continually change the design...full of design faults. See more problems with Hep than any other system. Been to too many flooded homes. The last one had a plumber next door trying to work out where the water had come from....told him it had passed through the party wall. :) Grab rings had disintergrated. All carp. If you insist on plastic try Buteline.

Sponsored Links
I used the new Hep2o today. But was wondering what was wrong with the old that brought about this change?

merry xmas peoples

What do they look like? I have seen the Slimline range, which are not demountable.

Can Speedfit fittings be used on Hepworth pipe. Can the Speedfit inserts be used on Hepworth pipe. I have some Hepworth pipe and Speedfit inserts and Hepworth fittings. Is it all interchangeable?

Looks a good system are the fittings easily available do they do a manual crimping tool which maybe a bit cheaper than the electric one?

Looks a good system are the fittings easily available do they do a manual crimping tool which maybe a bit cheaper than the electric one?

I order the fittings from Plumb Centre but they are not a stock item but can have them next day. Not sure about a manual one check the website they may do can't see why not. The fittings are about twice the price of Yorkshire up to 28mm then they become cheaper than the equivilant.

It really is excellent but the machine is £800 but does save on hot works permits and is mainly used in industrial and commercial but you can easily get 15mm and 22mm fittings so we use it domestically to save bundles of time. Also it maintains the earth continuity so no need to run new earths everywhere like plastic pipe.

The fittings look neater than speedfit as well so other than price I can't see a downside

Just checked they do a manual one. You can also save a good deal of money if you buy them as a bare kit with no charger or battery and only the 15mm and 22m jaws.

The batteries are exactly the same as the Ni-cad and Nimh 12v dewalts so it you have those you can save another £200 or so

Never liked plastic I swear by Yorkshire Xpress fittings and a rems
Replumbed my entire house with this. 2 years on never topped up combie. great system. Geberit do a system called Mappress, very similar.

I believe there are a few virtually identical systems out there not sure if they all use the Yorkshire fittings though ?

We have had them at our place for about 9 years and have not had a failure yet. Also the fittings are much thicker than end feed or yorkshire so will more than likely outlast the pipe. I only use Yorkshire pipe though as it seems to be a thicker wall than other cheaper brands and with the crushing pressure of the machine I think it is a wise precaution.

Glad you like it also I would hate to recommend something people thought was rubbish

The tool is not as clubersome as it might first seem. A manual rachet tool is available for the smaller sizes.
Do you know why the fitting are a bit triangular when looked on end?
I will tell you because I enquired about this. Its so if not pressed they will fail a pressure test. We had a few occurences in the early days of unpressed fitting passing an air test to fail catastrocafly later. As you seem to be a fan of up to date pipe tech. Have you looked at Geberit Mepla? Comes on roll or straight, Bends like copper and is cut with sheers. We use nothing else for water services now.

Never liked plastic I swear by Yorkshire Xpress fittings and a rems

These sound good until you look at the price. The crimp tools are horrendously expensive.

These press-fit systems are commercial. I never seen any in domestic homes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back