HiB Bathroom Cabinet Electrical Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a HiB bathroom cabinet with light, demisting, usb and shaver charger points. All of these have stopped working bar the shaver charging point. Its just over a year old. Any pointers as to what may have failed, seems odd that the shaver point still has power but nothing else has. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing theres a transformer down rating the voltage for the light, demister and usb point to bring it down to a SELV level

The shaver socket wouldn't be connected to that transformer as it uses full 240v

Own a multimeter?

Thanks, makes sense to my admittedly rudimentary electrical knowledge(!) I have a multimeter, guess next step is to try and locate the transformer/circuit board - or am I realistically looking at a new cabinet anyway? (i.e. will it be replaceable is the question I'm thinking....?)
Thanks for coming back - really appreciated.

That depends on the make and the availability of spare parts

And of course what's actually wrong with it......

Sponsored Links
For sure, HiB haven't been forthcoming with a response to my query yet but we'll keep chasing them up. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back