Hibrid alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After some advice, moving to a brand new build house and want an alarm thinking of going texecom hybrid with a mixture of wired and wireless sensors.

Wired where it’s easy to get cables to and wireless for the others, anyone offer some advice?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You lot should be on stage!

Lmao.

Are the texecom wireless devices any good? Always had wired in the past and never really been a fan of wireless.

Another question, on my current set up I have the com gsm my concern is the texts sometimes get ignore or missed, is adding a speach dialer worth it? People (myself included) are less likely to ignore a phone call.

Looking at the texecom speechdialers I can only find ones that haven’t been updated for years. Are these still a viable option?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_1802.PNG The new premier panels take a plug on low cost speech unit ( £20 ) so you can do both text and speech, requires comm2400

Or add a SmartCom alongside the speech module/2400 and get an app & notifications for free.

I did look at the smart com as well. To be honest I’m going to take the com gsm with me when I move.

Could you have all three on one system? Ie the com gsm, the com 2400 with speech and the smart com?

IMG_1808.PNG I don't think there is enough comm ports ! As the smart comm takes two

Last edited:
How many com ports are they is it three?

If so in effect if I wanted the alarm to ring me, text me and have the smart com I would need to have a Dialer attached?

Thanks in advance guys your knowledge is amazing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back