high earth readings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could enyone tell me more information the electrician mesured 3 ohms
at skt and ze of 0.34 ohms tn-s

Sponsored Links
Could you give us a bit more to go on? Why did he measure Ze/Zs? What did he tell you it meant? What has he done to find and rectify the issue? What circuit is the reading from? What is the protective device rated at?

When you answer these we might be able to offer more suitable advice, but it sounds like you either have a large/long circuit or a loose connection somewhere. Your Ze (this is the resistance outside of your control) is within the limits set by BS7671, but the addition of the phase and CPC conductor resistances has raised it to possibly unacceptable levels.

It sounds as if there is a bad connection somewhere on the system feeding your socket outlet. Your electrician should be able to find the cause.
0.34 is fine for a Ze for TN-S.

rewirable fuse 30amp skt he mesured the zs first then seid it might be the suppliers earth so done reading at fuse board and seid ze was ok
seid i needed full rewire

Sponsored Links
Was he doing a Periodic Inspection Report or did you call him in to fix a specific fault?
Did he give you any certificates/shedule of test results etc?
If so could you post them up (after removing any of your information ofcourse)?

I don't want to critise your electricians advice because I don't know all the info, but a slightly high Zs reading does not require a complete rewire - on the other hand you may have many other faults that he didn't tell you about/you didn't tell us about which has prompted that advice.

Again, if you give us a bit more info we should be able to help you further.

Under 1 ohm for 3036 @ 30A.

What size conductor(s) feed that circuit? Ring final or radial circuit?

If an RF circuit, is there ring continuity?

Is the cpc 1mm²?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back