High EFLI

I cannot actually believe what i am reading..
Why?
Are ANY of you qualified electricians??????
Yep
Not ONE of you has asked what type of earthing system he has.
did you zero the leads?

do a Ze at the board and tell us what you get?
you also don't mention anything about the installation..
what earthing arrangement do you have?
And you are telling him to do a Ze and he hasnt even got a clue what that is.
Gives him something to go and find out then.
May i suggest to the OP that he gets himself enrolled in a training centre and learns from the beginning properly rather than through a forum, before he kills himself or his family.
Go for it.

Sponsored Links
niceguy - I haven't had a day of formal electrician's training, yet I successfully measured my Ze only a couple of weeks ago. It's not rocket science.

I found the value of 666 ohms quite funny though - lol! That was after the smoke had cleared and I could see the figures burnt onto the screen of my £4.99 multimeter (good job I was in the bathroom at the time so the extractor fan could help with that).

So stop thinking you're so superior to all of us!

Hi Liam,

Who needs training and stuff when we have the internet.

I hope you have a 30 Million Amp RCBDOBC fitted in your bathroom, other wise what you did could have been dangerous.

When testing for dead, you need to probe live and earth, but do it with fingers on the same hand, if you probe live (lefthand) and neutral ( righthand) you will have a heart attack.

Dont lick anything copper coloured :evil:

Hi Bigtom,

fri aug 21st, 8.38pm - don't know what Ze is.

expect to be fully qualified by 1st september and out doing PIR's (8 per day) :p

Do you still have the receipt and the box your tester came in?

Sponsored Links

May i suggest to the OP that he gets himself enrolled in a training centre and learns from the beginning properly rather than through a forum, before he kills himself or his family.

I despair.

Its no wonder this industry is in the s**t state that it is.

Troll alert :D

I despair.

Its no wonder this industry is in the s**t state that it is.

Troll alert :D

It wont be long before people are crying over their lack of work because they have been handing out free information on a DIY forum.

Then again, i suspect this is where most of you learnt the trade, along side your six week wonder course.

But, if you are happy to let these people take your bread and butter then go ahead.

And no, im not a troll.

I have made a very good living out of the trade before it got watered down.

Thats why i have a big house and drive nice cars and have now taken early retirement with a very healthy pension.

Good luck fellas.

You're going to need it. :cool:

You forgot to mention your big head.

Do you really think people will stop doing DIY if they can't get the information to do the work safely, or do you think they will just have a go anyway, just like they always used to before the internet was invented?

Do you think we should ban DIY manuals too, incase they take too much work from us too?

It's not taking my bread and butter. I work on heavy commercial installations. :LOL: :LOL:

Mr niceguy235 you're not being very nice are you.

I'm not a qualified electician, but am about to undertake formal training, but i wqanted to check the safety of my own house sooner rather than later. And I thnk your a bit hysterical bcause coljack did ask what kind of earthing system i have and Im finding out.

And I do know what Ze is, and I know how to do it safely.

It wont be long before people are crying over their lack of work because they have been handing out free information on a DIY forum.

Then again, i suspect this is where most of you learnt the trade, along side your six week wonder course.

But, if you are happy to let these people take your bread and butter then go ahead.

And no, im not a troll.

I have made a very good living out of the trade before it got watered down.

Thats why i have a big house and drive nice cars and have now taken early retirement with a very healthy pension.

Good luck fellas.

You're going to need it. :cool:

I don't care - I get paid indirectly by the government so pay isn't an issue.
The door's over there :p

Yes

sparkyspike wrote:
You need to read up on supply types (TN, TT).

sparkyspike wrote:
It is a live test using probes and not recommended without some guidance. You can call your supplier for a reading if you like, or read up on Ze testing and working with live conductors

I despair.

I refer the learned gentlemen to the aforementioned illustration of a cock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back