High integrity earthing

Blah Blah Blah - this is what you said "Ring circuits are widely used to supply work stations" and that is total nonsense, and any designer would agree with me, though not one whose experience stopped in the 90's.

Mind you don't fall off your high horse. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Funny that I am still in business - and your experience is?

You do realise that many organisation don't adopt raised floors on cost and space grounds - don't take my word for it - ask some of my consultant mates - you know them, they tell you what to do.

I like it up here on my high horse - so I won't be getting off any time soon :D.

Sponsored Links
I like it up here on my high horse...
Have you noticed that people are wandering away, utterly bored by your self-aggrandising woffling, or deafened by your trumpet-blowing?

I well aware of the systems currently in use - I design them for a living.
I'm dead curious - are any of your designs currently on the market?

What is meant by a "workstation"? Most offices have a PC at almost every desk nowadays, I suppose these could be fed via RFCs?

Sponsored Links
Why do you want a topic which has mainly remained civilised and on topic to be locked?
Please start a new topic as not to hi-jack this one :p

Or lock this post:

Posthinglock100.gif

Ah there tired - I have'nt read all the posts but is the usual forum problem of housebashers assuming they are fully trained sparks. By the way, I work in data centres 100% of my time and have never had a problem with high integrity earthing.

When someone enters the topic with this sort of statement I tend to get irritated. It assumes that all the other posters know less about the topic than he does - because after all, he is a 'fully trained sparks' :D

However, I said nothing and only responded with:
I was on the committee in the early 90's. The regulations we produced were unambiguous and are not in dispute in this thread.

The argument here is about the application of high integrity earthing to ring final circuits - using the current 16th edition text for the regulations. Ring circuits are widely used to supply work stations - not data centre racks.

When my name was mentioned - which I see as a simple statement of fact.

Things go down hill from there.

Now I don't want to be responsible for locking the topic - some may think it has further to go - so I will not post again after this.

Softus - I think you should examine your comments in light of the standards you appear to expect from others.

I don't think it has anywhere else to go; we're at an impasse created by huge and immovable lumps of ego.

I'm still waiting on an explaination on what is classed as a workstation :p

I'm still waiting on an explaination on what is classed as a workstation :p

I will answer this because I used the term and am therefore the only one who can explain what I meant by it.

I am referring to the a desk space with PC and any other equipment that makes up a typical workstation in an office - I am not referring to a particular type of computer i.e not to an advanced PC.

Where as holmslaw appears to be referring to the advanced computer thingy?

A train station is where a train stops.

A bus station is where buses stop.

Do you have a workstation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back