High integrity earthing

Sponsored Links
What if I don't have a computer, but I do have a Citrix or equivalent thin client device?

Or an X-Windows server?

Or a 3270-type display?

Does that mean I'm not at a workstation?

an old IBM Visual Display Unit (A Non-Intelligent Terminal) from the 1970's

Has a keyboard and a display screen (Green on Black), a tiny amount of memory (for the display). no processor, no disk.

is an industry standard (PCs can be used as 3270 Emulators, meaning they look to the mainframe/network as if they are 3270's)

Sponsored Links
Sounds similar to a VT screen, these are just a dumb terminal with an RS232 port which connect to a port on a PDP/VAX
You can emulate a VT100 with a PC using hyperterminal, just haven't found where they have hidden hyperterminal in Vista yet!!

Spark123, even babelfish is struggling to translate that post into English :LOL:

I know VAX is a brand of vacuum, but I'm struggling with the rest.

just haven't found where they have hidden hyperterminal in Vista yet!!
Apparently it's no longer included with any version of Vista. If you need the functionality, I believe its available as a free download from whoever wrote it in the first place.

What if I don't have a computer, but I do have a Citrix or equivalent thin client device?

I thought thin clients were dead, but where I'm working at the moment (just doing a bit of office work while I find my feet in the electrical world) uses wyse winterm things, before that, I wasn't aware that they were still used these days, didn't know about the existance of graphical ones either!

Annoying when things get bogged down, and everyones GUI grinds to a halt, more than frustrating when you are trying to do no more than enter text in a field!

thin clients (no disc) still used in a section of a company I know, dealing with customer data and accounts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back