Hikvision back-box conduit system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys and Girls,

I've recently had a few dodgy characters looking around my property, so I'm adding a new turret camera to cover some more of my driveway. I want it to be at a low-level so I can easily pick-up faces of people entering in my property. (My current cameras give a great overview from above, but I can't really identify people.)

To do this, I'm going to need to use some flexible conduit to a Hikvision back-box (DS-1280ZJ-M).

Can anyone recommend a conduit system that is IP rated, that I can connect to the Hikvision back-box, and the other end to a Wiska box(or similar other brand).

Options for plastic only and steel wrapped flexible conduit would be ideal. (I'd prefer tamper-proof, but realistically I don't 'need' it).

It would be super helpful, if you could give me some links to the connectors I will need also.

Many thanks
Dec

Sponsored Links
You can get the measurements off the data sheet for the back box.

firstly make sure you can achieve 250ppm at the point you want to identify the dodgy away from the camera.

if you already have cameras, then a mini ptz might be worth considering, and get it to zoom, but depends on your layout as to whether this is the better option

You can get the measurements off the data sheet for the back box.

firstly make sure you can achieve 250ppm at the point you want to identify the dodgy away from the camera.

if you already have cameras, then a mini ptz might be worth considering, and get it to zoom, but depends on your layout as to whether this is the better option

Thanks for your reply.

The datasheet is surprisingly unhelpful when it comes to connector sizing (it lists every other dimension, but not the one I want LINK). I've not installed one of these before, so was hoping that someone who has installed a few, would be able tell me which conduit they generally use for Hikvision backboxes. (i'm not just interested in the size, but would also like a system that is IP rated, and maybe has a steel jacket) I'm sure I could buy some flexible pvc, and make it work, but I'd rather use something specifically designed for CCTV.

I'm running 4k turrets at the moment, and getting about 235ppm - 180 ppm from my camera which looks at my driveway. (The viewing angle is sub-optimal so the ppm drops off depending on whether someone is stood on the close, or far side of the driveway.) This is why I am wanting to mount another camera that will have a better view, and also achieve a better ppm.

I had considered a mini PTZ, however, I prefer the look of the wall mounted turrets, as they are fairly low-profile. (They also cost substantially less)

Thanks
Dec

My preference would be high impact, rigid 20mm black PVC conduit if you need to run surface containment. Kopex is likely to start sagging and generally look a bit rubbish after a bit of time in the elements. You can run the conduit to the camera and then use a male conduit adaptor on the end of it to give you an M20 thread. Then use an M25-20 conduit reducer to screw the adaptor into the Hikvision base. Try to run the conduit up into the bottom of the base, you'll have problems with water ingress otherwise.

This is the reducer that you will need:

images

Sponsored Links
Are you sure that’s the correct thread for the hikvision base ? Seem to recall it’s different...

That doesn't sound too bad with the cover, depends on the area to be covered.
You are aware that the 6MP camera could give you a higher pixel density based on the same lens size but cover a slightly smaller area.

Been a while thought they had the size on them, maybe it does when i was looking at the distributor page.

I may have a base some where but don't think I have any reducers so cant confirm the exact model, most of the time have the cables internally. slept since the last time I purchased any conduit

My preference would be high impact, rigid 20mm black PVC conduit if you need to run surface containment. Kopex is likely to start sagging and generally look a bit rubbish after a bit of time in the elements. You can run the conduit to the camera and then use a male conduit adaptor on the end of it to give you an M20 thread. Then use an M25-20 conduit reducer to screw the adaptor into the Hikvision base. Try to run the conduit up into the bottom of the base, you'll have problems with water ingress otherwise.

This is the reducer that you will need:

images
These a fairly cheap, so I'll order one to test it out!

Thanks
Dec

That doesn't sound too bad with the cover, depends on the area to be covered.
You are aware that the 6MP camera could give you a higher pixel density based on the same lens size but cover a slightly smaller area.

Been a while thought they had the size on them, maybe it does when i was looking at the distributor page.

I may have a base some where but don't think I have any reducers so cant confirm the exact model, most of the time have the cables internally. slept since the last time I purchased any conduit

I'm only a novice, so I wouldn't say I know a huge amount yet, but I'm enjoying learning.

My 8mp cameras(DS-2CD2385FWD-I) have a slightly larger sensor than my 6mp cameras (DS-2CD2363G0-I). Meaning that for the same lens size, the 8mp will have a very slightly wider field of view. (so wider field of view but more pixels vs narrow and fewer pixels.) I would think the pixel density is roughly similar?:)

Edit: I've just downloaded some simulation software, and the ppm seems similar. Slightly better from the 8mp camera
dg5IrML.png

Last edited:
Hmm without looking at the figures, which program did you use and how did you populate the fields.

Last edited:
Hmm without looking at the figures, which program did you use and how did you populate the fields.

Just the FOV is very small for a 2.8mm focal

I Downloaded a free trial here: http://www.jvsg.com/

I entered the camera make / model, lens size, and distance from subject, and the software calculated the rest. I don't know if that software is any good to be fair; I'm sure there is probably something better out there.

Doesn't have the camera I am looking at as its a newer one accusense.

However in this case the spec for the FOV on the
8MP (as yours) is 102 versus 97 degrees on the 6MP (as yours)
I was looking at a camera with 110.7/111 dgrees, hence why that 8MP wasn't as pixel dense as the 6MP camera, however with your specific cameras it does make the difference i that the 8MP is more dense

Just shows, you have to look at the camera spec to compare properly as a higher resolution does not mean higher pixel density for the area you are interested in.

If the FOV was 97, the density difference for the 8MP camera would be further improved.

The FOV should have realised in the program was the distance in meters rather than degrees.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back