Hikvision Doorbell/App

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Could be a new forum for me to spend a lot of time in.

I've recently had an Hikvision cctv kit installed and all works very well. Apart from the doorbell. Works fine at home and fine over WiFi but when I'm on 4g my phone won't ring to say someone is at the door.

I use it through the ProControl app and I spent ages turning things on and off and managed to get it to work. I think it came down to the battery optimization settings. So it worked for a little while but now it's stopped working! Phone settings haven't changed. It's a Samsung S10+ so via android. Doing my head in as parcels keep getting left in the rain!

Can anyone suggest anything to try?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
this could be how your phone wakes up or it could be poor mobile signal.

which doorbell do you have?

easiest way to test that is to check you have a decent 4G connection and turn off your wifi on your phone and ring the door bell

Thanks for your reply.
Its the DS-KD8003-IME1 with keypad.
It's mainly from when I'm at work where I have very good signal. Where I live is horrendous but WiFi covers it.
I've just discovered the app has an update so I'll see if that sorts it. Just need someone to ring my doorbell now!
I may also add it my partners phone and check your theory as sees on a different provider.

Thanks again

not familiar with that door bell/station or door bell on that specific app.

so would have to do some digging unless some has more specific experience.

A good mobile signal isn't necessarily a good data signal, I have 4G on my phone and a house I was in the other week, had a great mobile signal for calls, but think it showed h+ and three bars, but no data connection.

The app is cloud based so as long as there is a good connection to the cloud it shouldn't be an issue.

you can look at the apps notification settings on your phone as a starting point.

Sponsored Links
That's interesting. I have H+ and four bars! Maybe I need to obtain the companies WiFi password lol.

if you had 4G the H+ would change to 4G and that would be a great for data

there are other connections but couldn't tell you what they mean I am sure someone on here may know them all.

If I am to believe those explanations found online it should work for video etc but not convinced from what I have seen but maybe that is due to how your phone access that service or not.

Well it shows I'm getting decent signal. Since I updated the app I got my Mrs to try it when she got home and it worked! Kind of. Bit of a lag between being pressed and me getting the call but I can live with that. Once in the app I don't get video playback. That may be explained in that link though. Although if I hang up and go through the app direct it works!
I'll save that issue for another day.

Thanks for your help. You've put my mind at rest.

I used to have a HIKVision doorbell & App. I had a long delay between the doorbell being pressed and it ringing on my phone. I was researching this and found a post which suggested that, if you've upgraded the app, you need to delete the doorbell from the app and re-install it as if it was new.

Note: I never tried this as this was last summer and, shortly after I'd found this post (can't recall where) and before i could try it, there was a thunder storm which tripped the electricity (we live in a rural area) and this somehow fried the doorbell because it would not connect to wifi again despite factory reset and reinstallation etc. It has been recycle and I now have a Ring which works well!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back