1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Hikvision not detecting camera

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by Josh_Milner, 14 Oct 2020.

Tags:
  1. Josh_Milner

Josh_Milner

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

I'm lost with this one now.. the camera was connected to test and see where best to drill, unplugged the camera, drilled the wall and attached the camera but when plugging back in it's not detecting the camera or saying unsupported; if left periodically on the screen it says detecting but fails to do so.

6309604E-B252-45A5-B1C5-1ACA51C4DA79.jpeg

Any ideas ?

colour vu cameras with built in mic and light with a hikvison DS-7604NI-K1/4P nvr.

Thanks.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Old Salt

Old Salt

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Undertake a factory reset and it should then detect the camera.

4. Josh_Milner

Josh_Milner

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks Old Salt it's my dads cctv I didn't have a issue doing my own but I'll try this, I guess it's done off the box with monitor attached; what happens with passwords etc already set will these remain the same ?

Thanks

5. secureiam

secureiam

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    you dont need to factory default.

best thing is a short ethernet cable, replug it in and wait.
    the white ligt led should come on and then go off.

probably a dodgy end or not plugged in properly at both ends

6. Josh_Milner

Josh_Milner

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    This happens when I plug it in the cable run; I'll have to test it with the tester if not try a reset.. thanks for a input, I really appreciate it!

7. secureiam

secureiam

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    new camera should plug in and settle back, if it doesnt after working initially its probably a poor connection or termination.

if its been on a different system then the password probably doesn't match and its easier if the camera is reset and then added to the new system.

8. Sponsored Links
  9. Josh_Milner

Josh_Milner

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Just an update; I've tested the cable with the cable tester to find an issue with 2&6, replaced cable and now it's saying "IP camera does not exist" so I'm going to have to sort it with SADP tools or take a look via that according to the support line at the dealer.

10. Sally2000

Sally2000

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I recognise your problem :)

As I often move cameras about on our systems to adjust their coverage, I have come across it a few times. And resetting the camera doesn't always seem to work. The camera has been locked to the NVR's setting of IP address and password.

The answer I found was to connect the camera to a PC, reset it and assign it a static IP in the NVR's 192.168.254.xx range, and with my own password. That way it's certain to connect every time, even when moved to a different NVR.

This is so useful that I now set brand new cameras in the same way, to save possible future problems. It has no impact at all on operation.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Josh_Milner

Josh_Milner

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

Thanks sally, I'll give this a shot never come across it they've always worked plug and play for me. I guess you connect it to the PC via the SADP tools ?

If not how?

I had a play earlier with SADP tools on my own working system but strangely enough it only picked up the NVR and I couldn't seem to do much with it via the tools although I need to learn what to do with it.

Thanks

12. Sally2000

Sally2000

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    What I do is first a hard reset that will bring the address back to 192.168.1.64. My network is on 192.168.1.xx so I can connect the camera and open it with a browser. Then set a static IP in the NVR's range.
    The professionals here will probably have other ideas, but this works for me.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Josh_Milner

Josh_Milner

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Well what a disaster that was still not working could only see the NVR on the SADP tool and now I've managed getting the remote access to go offline and nothing seems to be getting it back on.. the default IPV4 gateway is misusing but I just don't have time to sit at my dads.. now Karen across the road is crying he's got cctv.. we'll get there!