Hive and Ideal Logic Combi 30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

i am having real issues with connecting my new Hive receiver to my combi.
i have a L&N link from boiler to the receiver and a cable in terminal 3 of the receiver to one of the terminals on the room stat connectors. the hive is telling the boiler to heat but no heat is coming on. any iddeas please? there is an internal timeclock in the boiler. does this need to be over ridden?

Attachments

• hive1.jpg
    hive1.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 218
  • hive2.jpg
    hive2.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 202
Sponsored Links
Yes, set the clock to permanently on, and let Hive override it.

Thanks for that. I have done that now but the heating still will not come on.

Sponsored Links
Yep, sorry, don’t know how I missed that :oops: as per @Johnmdc you need a link between L and 1 or take it from the boiler room stat connection (you have 2 terminals - you have used one).

Cheers guys. Put the link in but it has blown the fuse in the pcb. I’ve got a few spares as I thought this might happen!!!!
The pics below are how it’s wired at the moment.

Attachments

• DB01B69F-9C24-420B-8437-CA7173A67B5E.jpeg
    DB01B69F-9C24-420B-8437-CA7173A67B5E.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 195
  • 25EF2930-8CDF-4B95-90D4-1BF161FC6519.jpeg
    25EF2930-8CDF-4B95-90D4-1BF161FC6519.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 179
I don’t know where you got your cable from but it’s unusual to have or use 3 black wires to depict L N and SWL. You have a short circuit, so likely crossed a wire over somewhere.

Trace all your wiring, or test if not accessible. Label them, or apply some insulation tape to relevant wires.

Is it Hive single channel or dual channel you’re fitting?

Last edited:
STOP if it is blowing fuses do not keep trying new fuses until you find out where you have went wrong

why do you have 2 wires in terminal 3 of the hive receiver ?

race all your wiring, or test if not accessible. Label them, or apply some insulation tape to relevant wires.
@CBW Chris if he is doing it right each core of the black flex will have a number on the insulation so you know which is which at each end, only ever seen one heating system using that stuff, common in other industries, must have got the cable from a friend :rolleyes:

Hi guys
It’s engineering cable. All cores are numbered so none of them are shorted anywhere. There is only one core in no.3. The picture is deceiving.

start from scratch, L&N to L&N then the two wires for the thermostat, the two left hand terminals in your pic go to 1&3 on the hive , no links , simple as that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back