Hive Controller wiring for Firebird 50/90

You can look it up as well as me. Last time I made factually correct post (about MR16 lamps) it was removed.
If I answer your question it might well be removed so I can't be bothered to waste my time.
But sadly you do bother wasting your time coming up with the incorrect rubbish in the first place.

Sponsored Links
You can look it up as well as me.

I have looked it up and all the information I can find says you are wrong. You are the only person who is saying that “DIY Electrics is not allowed in Ireland”

Here’s my google search if you don’t believe me.
B4A1A9FD-8539-4549-840B-1E2F1A914B9E.jpeg

Either provide some sort of evidence to support this claim, or retract your statement and apologise for posting information which is not correct.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is Ireland spelt Australia? To my mind unless posted in "Electrics Outside of the UK" we are working on UK rules, yes Ulster, Scotland, Wales, and England do have slightly different rules, but be it Ulster and the Republic (until Brexit) or Wales and England it is often only the council tax bill that tells one which country/principality one is in. The Pub with one bar in England and one bar in Wales has now closed, but the boarder specially in the Marches does follow a odd path, so for me in Mid Wales to visit my son in North Wales I cross the boarder many times. And the same applied around Derry or London Derry in Ireland.

When I worked in Ulster one would see the paving stones marked with three colours and this changed without crossing the boarder, so showing the republican flag does not mean they are not in Ulster, and to comment on the flag shown is a political act, or religious, so I would say we should ignore the flag and assume if posted in this section it is British.

It was removed as it was just you being pedantic and it was not helpful to the thread. You have been warned about this time and time again. If you keep making unhelpful posts I will keep removing them. It’s that simple.

Please take a moment to reacquaint yourself with the forum rules, in particular rules 1a and 1d

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/forum-rules-general-info.19448/
Why was it unhelpful? It was clear the OP did not know what MR16 meant. What is so wrong with correcting mistakes?

What is so wrong with correcting mistakes?

Talking of correcting mistakes, have you found any information to support your claim that “DIY electrics is not allowed in Ireland” yet? If not please retract that statement and apologise for posting incorrect information (again)

See post 30.

As I have said, I have looked up the information, and can find nothing to suggest your statement is correct.

You can either provide evidence to support your statement or retract it and apologise.

Until you do this, I will have to post a disclaimer after every post you make warning people to ignore what ever you have written as your advice can not be relied on to be factually correct.

I just tried looking for “DIY electrics is not allowed in Ireland” in Google. This returned an RTE article, which looks to support Winston, referring to 'Restricted Works'

upload_2021-2-5_9-5-28.png

I just tried looking for “DIY electrics is not allowed in Ireland” in Google. This returned an RTE article, which looks to support Winston, referring to 'Restricted Works'

View attachment 221607
Please just look at post #10, and then look at Winston' original post so you can understand what a lot of rubbish he spouts.

View attachment 221607

Did you bother to actually read the article you linked to? I did.

If home improvement is your passion, don’t be disheartened: there are plenty of works around the house that you can do. Minor electrical works such as like-for-like replacements of switches and smaller features, moving light fittings without affecting the circuit or adding a socket or two to an existing circuit are all safe to do

That hardly supports @winston1 in his claim that “DIY Electrics is not allowed in Ireland”

Have you found any evidence to support your claim that “diy electrics is illegal in Ireland” yet @winston1?

If not, please retract your statement and apologise.

This isn’t going to go away by you ignoring it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back