Hive installation on a Potterton Powermax HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, first post so go easy!

I have installed a Hive active heating and hot water on to the above boiler (before anyone says anything, the boiler was present when I moved to this address) and the demand for hot water works fine but the demand for the central heating does not.

So, the green light for the heating triggers and there is a click from the receiver to indicate a trigger has been sent to the boiler but the heating never comes on. I spoke to British Gas several times and they keep saying there is a fault with the boiler.

Anyone familiar with the above boiler will know there is an internal programmer built into the boiler and if I revert back to this both the hot water and central heating work fine so I know there is no issue with the boiler.

I desperately want to get the hive unit working with this boiler as I have been a Hive user at a previous property of a number of years and I can't really do without it.

I followed the below guild so I know it is possible.....

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/britishgashive/help-wiring-hive-to-potterton-powermax-he-t330.html

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Have you the 2 channel Hive?

I'm not the expert but -

I do not see how this from the manual

upload_2019-2-10_18-59-27.png

is compatable with the instructions in your link.

Have you the 2 channel Hive?

I'm not the expert but -

I do not see how this from the manual

View attachment 158727

is compatable with the instructions in your link.

Yes, this is the way I have wired it and I have the two channel version. The hot water function works fine with the hive, just the central heating not working with the hive.

you have to set the CH on the boiler programmer to constantly on and let the hive over ride it.

From
you have to set the CH on the boiler programmer to constantly on and let the hive over ride it.

When the internal programmer is switched on, the hive has no effect whatsoever. I have just tried this method and it doesn't work.

According to the installation instructions for your boiler it says that if you wish to use an external programmer then you have to disable the built in one and it shows a switch that you press to do this

post pics of your wiring at the hive receiver and the boiler, does the heating come on when you press the oride button on the receiver ?

post pics of your wiring at the hive receiver and the boiler, does the heating come on when you press the oride button on the receiver ?

Not sure how to post pictures on here but I can assure you the wiring is correct. I'll see if I can upload some pictures from my mobile phone. I've deinstalled and reinstalled the wiring from both the boiler side and the hive receiver side just to sanity check the connections but it made no difference. HW fine with the hive yet still no CH.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back