Hive, please help with installation :/ Changing Honeywell cm707 to hive thermostat.

Sponsored Links
As per my earlier advice,

Brown to live, black to neutral, link brown live to 1 common, grey to 3 heating normally open.

For info, Boiler connections, black in with neutral, grey where black was.

As per my earlier advice,

Brown to live, black to neutral, link brown live to 1 common, grey to 3 heating normally open.

For info, Boiler connections, black in with neutral, grey where black was.

In the pictures posted the brown and black are connected the grey is not.
So the black and brown are live and switch live.
It may be just a case of swapping them round so black to L with a link to 1 and brown to 3 and the grey still in N.
But you may be right that there is no neutral. If that is the case then the grey needs connecting to neutral at the other end.

Sponsored Links
That was my suggestion, although for clarity use black as neutral and grey as switched.

The hive needs a neutral to work and the original controller was a normally open switch only.

It still does not work, I change black to L with a link to 1 and brown to 3 :/

Okay so the grey is not connected at the other end so you have no neutral at the hive.
Can you post a picture of the wires behind the switch for the boiler. Make sure you turn the power off to it before you unscrew it.

It is too difficult for me, thank you all for help :)
I need someone to install it.
If I bought it without installation, will British Gas install that for me? for how much?

4183C4C2-6AAF-4271-8267-E3C757B87875.jpeg
EE6EE6D3-397D-428B-8605-37605117EF02.jpeg
Hi guys, sorry to bring up an old thread but this has basically finished exactly where I am here... I’ve not yet wired the Hive up as per the above (I have brown, black with brown sleeve and grey with blue sleeve) however from looking at the boiler, there is a grey wire that isn’t connected, so preemptively I was going to see if anyone could make a suggestion on wiring at the boiler end?

If it helps, I have dual zone heating, upstairs and down, both currently with CM707a thermostats. The boiler is a Potterton Assure 36 Combi.

Based on the above advice and the wiring diagram attached for my boiler, I think that if I connect the Hive as above and it doesn’t work as @Johnmdc and @croftongas say, then at the boiler end I connect the grey cable (currently capped with the terminal block) to the same connection as the blue wire coming front the white 5 core flex. But that could be very wrong, hence looking to check!

Attachments

• 99CB76D0-8BD9-4460-B79C-7B483ACEE42D.png
    99CB76D0-8BD9-4460-B79C-7B483ACEE42D.png
    479.3 KB · Views: 97
You said..
I have a Logic 35 combi boiler.

That boiler wiring doesn't look like an Ideal Logic to me.

This photo of yours...

pp.JPG

..looks more like a Potterton.

Capture.JPG

And you posted this screen shot????...

cc.JPG

So what's the truth? Which boiler is it?

If it is a Potterton, then the Hive connects to it as below:

Hive Model (1).jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, sorry to bring up an old thread

The boiler is a Potterton Assure 36 Combi.

Hi @stem, this is the trouble with igniting an old thread, mixed messages. His boiler is a potterton combi, I think the wiring might be ok on those as there’s an external cover, then internal one which gains access to combustion circuit and chamber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back