home insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a call by "the home insulation advisary" or some crap like that wants to send me info on a free goverment grant as even though i'd had my insulation done the regs have changed and it needs updating according to them and wouldnt in the end take no for an answer so i told them im not agreeing too anything but you can send me the info, then I get passed onto a "manager" who says will call me in a few days and I was just waiting for him to say all we need is a token deposit and give us your bank details but it never came. Both were foriegn. So im just wondering wtf is that about genuine or scam ??

Sponsored Links
Governments won't be happy until our loft spaces are solid with glass fibre insulation. Soon you won't have room for your Christmas tree up there, far less the lights and decorations. I reckon in ten years time, we'll have giant slabs of glass fibre surrounding our houses. So much in fact, all we'll need to heat the house will be a 40w lightbulb (sorry they'll be banned,, I did mean a couple of candle lights) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Mind you, they'll cover the windows up so the lights will be on all day. ;) ;) ;)

Mind you, they'll cover the windows up so the lights will be on all day.

Or tax people again for having them.

Our council, or rather the Housing Associations which have bought all the council housing stock, are cladding all their houses in some fibreglass/resin compound and even designing fake brick effect into them, plus all the usual insulating lofts etc. One drawback is the clad the house in a mesh framework during this process and it blocks signals to mobiles. Often see people standing outside talking on their phones.
Now another 'Government backed' scheme are offering to insulate private homes lofts for £1! I'm game for that one!

Sponsored Links
clad the house in a mesh framework during this process and it blocks signals to mobiles. Often see people standing outside talking on their phones.
!
Bet it don`t stop their sky dishes :mrgreen:

One drawback is the clad the house in a mesh framework during this process and it blocks signals to mobiles.

On the other hand, it keeps all those ignorant t**ts with their hundreds of APs all on the same channel from bothering each other.

Back