Honda hrx no throttle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That's to everyone with the help on the surging prob now can anyone help with my rev prob it ticks over on full but when I move the lever to slow it cuts out and I can only rev it by hand any help please have a look at vid please

Sponsored Links
I'm still not understanding what the problem is......but if the carb is ok the engine should still run slowly when the carb throttle is held against the throttle stop screw......does it do this?
Are you saying the engine doesn't respond to the throttle lever position on the handlebar at all?
John :)

When it's on the fast on the handle it runs nice but not at speed just idols when you move the handle lever to slow it stops now when I move the handle I can see the wire near the engine move but it doesn't move the throttle arm I will send more pics

It seems that the arm is right back on idol were should it be on idol when I push the lever forward it revs should it rev when pull back
First pic is on slow

Second pic on fast no change

Sponsored Links
When you move the lever from the governor to make the engine rev, can you feel the governor trying to move the lever back?
PS Is your fuel tap ok? Its turned off there.
John :)

I turned the fuel off can you try this when not running as it's in my garage and I don't want to fire it up when it's in the fast position there is some resistance when in slow it just springs back hope it nothing major

Had another look the cable seems fine it works the mechanisms but it does not pull the throttle arm forward when I push it to fast speed may there be something missing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back