Honeywell st6100s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We had a new boiler fitted recently and we had a Honeywell st6100s fitted with it. The service date has just gone on it and now the only thing we can do with it is 1hr override for central heating.

I spoke to Honeywell and they told me that I should not have one of those unless I was in a housing association house. This is a private residence and I am a bit concerned that I have been sold a dud.

Is there anyway I can get the thing to start working again asap. It's bloody annoying getting up at 5 to put the heating on and getting back into bed. I know there is an installation mode for the thermostat but I have not been able to find the manual to enter it. I am hoping to god he has not taken it off some association house with a different pin number in which case I'm screwed.

Regards,
Harry

Sponsored Links
I spoke to Honeywell and they told me that I should not have one of those unless I was in a housing association house. This is a private residence and I am a bit concerned that I have been sold a dud.

Did the installer supply it or did you?
If the installer, insist that he change it. If he argues, tell him that the product is not fit for purpose and you will put Trading Standards on to him.

I f you bought it from a private seller on Ebay, you are stuck with it. But if you bought it from a from a shop (actual or on-line), get on to them and say you want it replaced. They should not have sold it to you as it is intended for rented properties only.

Is there anyway I can get the thing to start working again asap. It's b****y annoying getting up at 5 to put the heating on and getting back into bed. I know there is an installation mode for the thermostat but I have not been able to find the manual to enter it. I am hoping to god he has not taken it off some association house with a different pin number in which case I'm screwed.
Some kind reader may be willing to email you the magic code to unlock the system. ;)

I f you bought it from a private seller on Ebay, you are stuck with it. But if you bought it from a from a shop (actual or on-line), get on to them and say you want it replaced. They should not have sold it to you as it is intended for rented properties only.

He sourced and fitted it. We had nothing to do with it. I thought it odd that I could find nothing online about it.

He sourced and fitted it. We had nothing to do with it. I thought it odd that I could find nothing online about it.

As Honeywell said, this programmer is intended for installation in rented properties where the Landlord is legally obliged to have a Safety Inspection of all gas appliances carried out every year. The programmer is designed to give a warning from the start of the 12th Month so a Corgi Engineer can be sent by the landlord to check the installation and reset the programmer for another 12 months. If this does not happen the system will stop working at the end of the 12th Month.

I would insist that the installer change the programmer. If he does not play ball get Trading Standards involved.

Last thought :idea: Did you check the installer's Corgi Registration?

Sponsored Links
Same thing will happen to me...
I have less than one day left at the time I am posting this so I'll end up with no heating or hot water soon.
Can't find anything about resetting it on the net.
I'm a council tenant and they checked the boiler about five months ago...
The guy that came round hadn't been told that a new one had been fitted when they refitted the entire heating system just prior to me moving in.
He took one look at my boiler and said "yeah, it's brand new mate. There is no point in me checking it fully right now" and then left.
I'm guessing that he couldn't be bothered to do a full job there and then, so I'm soon to be without hot water till they send someone round again.

Does anyone know how I would go about reseting the confounded thing!? lol
If so, please E-mail me at [email protected]

you are in an unfortunate situation by the sound of it.

it is designed so as you cant reset it.

get on to the council.

i appreciate this is not your situation but in my experience council tenants will get pandered to if heating or hot water become inoperative. a private householder may have to wait months in the cold in order to save up to repair/replace heating/hot water.

sorry for that, rant over.

Thank you for a very prompt reply.

I can appreciate that there are people who work hard to earn the money needed to run their own home, only to put up with random and unwelcome expenses when something like this happens.
My apologies if I caused any offence.

As I do have the 'luxury' (if you can call it that) of being a council tenant, I shall have to have someone invading my kitchen to press buttons.
Probably give them a ring when I can tomorrow...

Once more... thank you for your response and I hope anyone else having this problem can find a cheap enough solution to it.

sorry bud.

as i hope i made clear my rant really has no relevance to your situation.

as a ex local authority employee you just caught me at the wrong time.

like i said call the council.

in my experience those that shout loudest & perhaps know a councilor & say they have young children or are disabled in some way (true or not) will go straight to the front of the queue.

I have less than one day left at the time I am posting this so I'll end up with no heating or hot water soon.
Can't find anything about resetting it on the net.
You won't find anything on the net. Honeywell only release the information to CORGI registered installers.

These programmers should only be installed in rented accommodation, like yours. The idea is that it reminds the tenant to get in touch with his landlord when it is time for the annual safety inspection. If the inspection is not carried out, and the programmer reset, the system will stop completely.

You need to get in touch with your landlord, i.e the local Housing Department, and raise merry hell.

Did the guy who came and did an "inspection" issue you with a Certificate? If not you should inform the Housing Dept.

the only codes to reset these units are given by the manufacturer to their contractors for obvious reasons, to the person who is a council tenant if your clock needs reset it must be a year old and the engineer is a lazy tw*t so phone the council and report him and get the clock reset, to the private owner you need to get your installer to contact honeywell for a code, but to be honest it will be quicker for him to return and change the clock as he will need to wait on a code being sent, i don't think you need trading standards etc it seems like a simple mistake either at the supplier or the installer using the wrong clock

This unit can be reset, just a little complicated thats all.
Firstly, move slider to 'set program'. Then, on the left of the unit are two buttons, 'override' & 'extra hour'. Press and hold both together 'till 'inst' shows on the panel ( about 5 seconds ).
Then ( lots of fingers required! ) press and hold the two buttons mentioned above, along with '-' '+' & 'next on/off ( total of five buttons! ) until the user menu flashes up.
Now scroll to AL, which is probably showing a value of '1', this wants to be changed to '0' to turn off the 'service due' warning. To save this value, press and hold the first two buttons once more and then simply move slider back to 'run program'.
Job Done!!!
I hope this helps. It should certainly remove the annoyance of having to phone your housing association and then sit around waiting for them to show!!

Well done vega.................no more waiting for engineers to turn up who set the cut out and can't organise servicing so the same happens again next year.......well done mate

This unit can be reset, just a little complicated thats all.
Firstly, move slider to 'set program'. Then, on the left of the unit are two buttons, 'override' & 'extra hour'. Press and hold both together 'till 'inst' shows on the panel ( about 5 seconds ).
Then ( lots of fingers required! ) press and hold the two buttons mentioned above, along with '-' '+' & 'next on/off ( total of five buttons! ) until the user menu flashes up.
Now scroll to AL, which is probably showing a value of '1', this wants to be changed to '0' to turn off the 'service due' warning. To save this value, press and hold the first two buttons once more and then simply move slider back to 'run program'.
Job Done!!!
I hope this helps. It should certainly remove the annoyance of having to phone your housing association and then sit around waiting for them to show!!
hi Vaga,
Do you know the code for ST9100s ?
I tried to press the above buttons but the LCD screen doesn't change.
Thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back