Honeywell ST699 to Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening.

As 10PM on a Sunday night is always the best time to start messing around with your heating system can someone confirm the below. Thanks.

I'm starting with this:

HIVE say wire like this:

My plan is this......

All looks good before I kill the heating?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes that's fine.
Does anyone know why is there a suddenly a huge number of people wanting to change their 699 to Hive?!

Cheers dudes. As for the sudden HIVE rush, I think BG's electricity/gas deals are quite good at the moment so we just moved over to them, so BG might be pushing the HIVE?

Thanks Again.

Sponsored Links
All working like a dream. Bypassing the thermostat, removing it totally from the wiring centre rather than bridging it at the actual stat took a bit of thinking, and the Hive instructions were suitable vague about it!

Thanks again!

3rd Gen? That doesnt look like a hive diagram.

Anyways take the red link wires out of 8-5-L then its like for like except 7 goes to 4. If you have to put commons in then link L-2-5 together like the old clock was. Ive no idea if you need to link the commons on this though.

Dudes!

I'm getting my old boiler swapped for a Baxi combi tomorrow and was wondering if I can still use the dual channel Hive? As far as I can tell the Hive receiver is just a switch so logically it should be fine, it's just how it is wired.

The Baxi has connections bk1 and bk2.
upload_2017-3-24_22-9-55.png
upload_2017-3-24_22-12-0.png

bk1 on the Baxi I was planning on connecting to 4: Heating on (NO) on the Hive
bk2 on the Baxi though?

The single channel version has a 1: Common terminal which I'm guessing would be where you would connect bk2, but I would rather not have to shell out and use the dual channel version I already have.

Thanks.

leave the BK2 terminal empty, just connect BK1 as you mentioned. The BK 2 terminal is mainly there if the built in timeclock is used, as the time clock switches power to BK2.

So I am starting with this:
That's not a good start.
Is this plan right?
No, it does not match the existing wiring.

Does your heating system currently work properly? If it does what valves, thermostats etc. do you have? The existing wiring can't be matched to the hive as the connections to common are already made internally. I assume you have some sort of gravity hot water setup?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back