Hope these ba$tards get similar treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet, there are snowflakes defending these monsters and trying to blame society for their actions.
Hung them.
Are there?
It is a well-recognised phenomenon that abused do become the abusers.
That's no excuse, and I suspect that the 'snowflakes' you refer to are recognising that phenomenon in order to break the cycle.
To recognise a cycle of violence and abuse does not make people 'snowflakes'.

I think your comment is exploiting a horrific incident to pursue your own personal political agenda.
Please don't let this thread, which is a respectful, and partly in memoriam for a poor innocent child, to become your personal political agenda.

Sponsored Links
Baby P was another. The cruelty of these people is beyond comprehension. And why? Why didn't they let the little fella go to a home where he could be looked after?

It may be more common than you think. These bastads know how to dodge social services and know all the excuses. Small children have limited vocabulary and vivid imaginations.

I have not read the reports either. The headline is enough for me. Killing them would be too merciful.

I think you are right that abuse is more common, it comes in many forms and many I suspect live through it and never speak a word about it. It is the extreme form where it results in death we get to hear about but all those other cases.

Saying that a friend who is a social worker told me about one case where a father who was a rich business man had a child with his daughter and used his money and influence to keep people quiet. Yet the weird aspect was the daughter was his strongest defender. Perhaps years of abuse has broken her?

Are there?
It is a well-recognised phenomenon that abused do become the abusers.
That's no excuse, and I suspect that the 'snowflakes' you refer to are recognising that phenomenon in order to break the cycle.
To recognise a cycle of violence and abuse does not make people 'snowflakes'.

I think your comment is exploiting a horrific incident to pursue your own personal political agenda.
Please don't let this thread, which is a respectful, and partly in memoriam for a poor innocent child, to become your personal political agenda.
As I was saying...

Sponsored Links
It'll be interesting to see what sentences they receive. I'd lock him up for 30 years minimum and her for the rest of her natural.

No doubt our esteemed legal system will have others ideas ...

It's awful what happened to him- I've had to turn the channel and not read the newspapers as the details are horrible.

I can't believe there were so many opportunities that were missed to stop it as well - from the grandmother and the uncle raising concerns with social services and the police to him being stopped from going to school.

I hope they lock away the key but can bet they will be out again in a few years time.

She's been sentenced to minimum 29 years, he got 21.

Not enough in my opinion.

I won't pretend that I can understand what happened here, what went wrong & how to make it right.

I can only understand that it it isn't within me to do the same.

If you wish upon them the equal of what they did, then in my book it makes you just like them . . . Have a ponder on that for a few minutes if you will.

This summer we were sat at a table outside t'pub & the first moment I became aware something was wrong was hearing a deep low down gutteral growl in my best mates throat, that & him turning away from me mid-sentance caused me much alarm. I glanced over to what he was focusing on to see a chap from t'village kicking his dog.

I didn't see why the dog was being kicked & for several paces I was fiercely trying to hold my mate back & return him to the table. Then I saw with my own eyes him kick that dog from across the road. Whatever that dog did to deserve a kick I'll never know, I only know that it didn't deserve the kick that I saw.

What about the cycle of violence and other boll@x???
What about it?

Not all victims of abuse will go on to abuse others, but studies suggest that about one-third of them will.
https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/why-victims-abuse-become-abusers

Why Sexually Abused Children Grow Up to Have Abusive Relationships
https://www.verywellmind.com/the-cycle-of-sexual-abuse-22460

The Myth of the Abused Becoming Abusers
https://defendinnocence.org/child-s...erning-behavior/myth-abused-becoming-abusers/

CHILDREN and adults who were victims of child abuse are coming under intensified study by researchers who hope to learn what distinguishes those who go on to become abusers themselves from those who grow up to be good parents.
https://www.nytimes.com/1989/01/24/science/sad-legacy-of-abuse-the-search-for-remedies.html
It's not a universal truth. And it's under discussion in plenty of disciplines. You can participate, if you wish, or you can throw in your absurdities.
I'd suggest, out of respect for Arthur, you keep your comments to relevant and sensible contributions.

For me, I'd suggest that education is the key in whether abused children grow up to be good parents, or not. But sadly, some can't help themselves but follow the pattern of behaviour taught to to them in the home.

As others have said I had to switch the news off as it was too upsetting. I thought about it for quite a while afterwards and it stuck with me. I don't believe in the death penalty so I will never suggest that, but I hope those in the prisons they go to are fully aware of what they did. I hope they spend the rest of their lives in fear in whatever prison they end up in.

The best outcome of this now, above putting them away, would be learnings from what happened. Learnings that would go on to prevent further cases like this. My Grandfather was the victim of some awful abuse from his parents, which only came out after they died in the 1980s. I'd never seen any of the men in my family cry, but I'll never forget seeing an old man in his 90s crying like he did.

What about it?

Not all victims of abuse will go on to abuse others, but studies suggest that about one-third of them will.
https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/why-victims-abuse-become-abusers

Why Sexually Abused Children Grow Up to Have Abusive Relationships
https://www.verywellmind.com/the-cycle-of-sexual-abuse-22460

The Myth of the Abused Becoming Abusers

https://defendinnocence.org/child-s...erning-behavior/myth-abused-becoming-abusers/

CHILDREN and adults who were victims of child abuse are coming under intensified study by researchers who hope to learn what distinguishes those who go on to become abusers themselves from those who grow up to be good parents.
https://www.nytimes.com/1989/01/24/science/sad-legacy-of-abuse-the-search-for-remedies.html
It's not a universal truth. And it's under discussion in plenty of disciplines. You can participate, if you wish, or you can throw in your absurdities.
I'd suggest, out of respect for Arthur, you keep your comments to relevant and sensible contributions.

For me, I'd suggest that education is the key in whether abused children grow up to be good parents, or not. But sadly, some can't help themselves but follow the pattern of behaviour taught to to them in the home.

Blah, blah, blah...
A child has been killed.
There's no excuse for it.
I know many people who were abandoned by their parents, had their family slaughtered in war torn countries, were abused and beaten, etc.
They're all decent individuals and would not hurt a fly.
Those 2 scumbags have no defense argument whatsoever.
Unless you're a snowflake, which you are.
Shame on you.

the judge said they showed no remorse

sadistic and evil subjected to the most unimaginable cruelty

beaten poisoned with salt made to stand for hours 130 injuries on his body

the woman refused to leave the cell to be sentenced she should have been given a kicking and than dragged into the court by her hair

give em a year so as all the scheister lawyers can argue there human rights

than bump em off

24 hours before the event put a clock outside the cells

alarm every hour telling em how long they have to live

I can't believe there were so many opportunities that were missed to stop it as well
Cruel bastards like them know when to play the fiddle.

It's a fine line between removing a clumsy child from a perfectly happy loving home to what was going on with Arthur. These are not easy situations and there is a lot has to happen between a visit from a social worker and removal of an abused child.

Social workers are in a difficult situation

under staffed under resourced

Damned if they do damned if they don’t

lousy job imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back