Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2 Boiler

The cylinder thermostat isn’t connected for 1, what temperature is it set to?
Ok this is getting silly and I am a fool

1) The two port valve is set to manual as the cylinder is new
2) The flow pipe is red piping hot all the way to how it enters the cylinder
3) The return at bottom of cylinder is cold

How f**ing weird - I suppose this is an airlock in the cylinder coil yes?

Sponsored Links
Why? That is wrong. There could be an airlock.
I have not yet installed the two cylinder thermostat - For now the two port valve is set to manual so water should always go through

I think its an airlock - I will have to drain down and see if refilling makes it better

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I think its an airlock - I will have to drain down and see if refilling makes it better

You would seem to have an automatic bleed valve - the item stuck vertically up, on the horizontal pipe above your green cylinder. You might try opening that, to clear an airlock first..

Sponsored Links
You would seem to have an automatic bleed valve - the item stuck vertically up, on the horizontal pipe above your green cylinder. You might try opening that, to clear an airlock first..
This is open and not closed tight - I dont think it comes off does it otherwise water would shoot up

Here is the cylidner return - It is stone cold

1705700243391.jpeg

Did I see this problem on some other site?, I thought it was suggested to slacken the compression nut on the coil top first and pull the pipe back, if OK, shut the valve and see if water from the return will push water out through the still slackened pipe?

Edit: Saw your photo, how is the top (inlet) pipe connected??.

Yes thats right - Im sorry I dont feel safe to do that - I worry I will cause a flood - Is there anything else that can be suggested please - I think a drain down of the boiler would be best yes?

Can you just post that photo, nobody is going to tell you how to do it, if unsafe.

This is open and not closed tight - I dont think it comes off does it otherwise water would shoot up

Inside the 'pot', is a float and a valve closed by the float. Idea is - with no water valve opens to release air, when water rises into the pot, it closes the valve, but then tend to sometimes leak, so there is a manual cap on top, try releasing the cap a little, until the air stop coming out.

I did as you suggested - I removed the black cap and took a picture - No water came up and I can hear no air - Does the boiler need to be on for me to see water coming out of the top? Or am I missing something here

1705701331951.jpeg

1705701345598.jpeg

I know why this has happened - I dosed the system with X400 and I bet there is debris in that AAV preventing it from working !

I have not yet drained it which I was going to do anyway before filling with inhibitor

I did as you suggested - I removed the black cap and took a picture - No water came up and I can hear no air - Does the boiler need to be on for me to see water coming out of the top? Or am I missing something here

Not a plumber, but the valve may be jammed. Others might be able to advise.

Quote:
1) The two port valve is set to manual as the cylinder is new
2) The flow pipe is red piping hot all the way to how it enters the cylinder
3) The return at bottom of cylinder is cold

1) Has this problem just started after the cylinder was replaced ?
2) This confirms heated hot water is passing to the cylinder, however not the flow rate.
3) The flow rate is NOT sufficient!

I notice that there is an stopcock/gate valve just before the motorised valve. Is this FULLY open, if not this could explain the lack of flow.
Just a general comment, how reliable is the plumber who upgraded your system? There is a lot of PTFE tape showing on the compression fittings that is not required, jointing compound perhaps but not tape. ...

As has been said let motorised valve close then loosen any nut on compression tee half a turn should do it couple of old towels to catch any water.
If you do drain down shorten the pipe dropping to flow on cylinder you have left a high point I would insert a lever valve then you can have more control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back