hotpoint WD62 leaking-pretty sure it's not the filter now :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My 6 year old hotpoint WD62 has started leaking water & quite a lot of it! It's definitely not coming from the door but comes from under the machine.

From what I've read around the internet it seems the filter may need cleaning out, I'm a bit new to all this - I've got the back off and have disconnected the big grey pipe using pliers on the metal clamps.

Is the filter this thing?

wd62bb.JPG

and how do I get it off to clean it out?

Thanks for any help & sorry for being a bit (or a lot) of a noobie,
Steve.

Sponsored Links
nope that is the pump ,filter is that black pipe that is attatched to bottom of drum .is kinda attached to the pump with the cable tie round it ,now you got back off run it and see where the leak is dont forget to put pipe back on

brilliant - thanks for your help - I'll have another look at it tonight then - I'll get there in the end :oops:

cheers,
worto.

hummmm - this is starting to very much look like it's not the filter :(

I cleaned the filter out but it didn't look that bad - mind you I did find a button & a hair clip in there but the plastic has sheered on some important looking bits the red ring below on the image below has snapped off while the yellow one just seems to flap about (there is another one just flapping about on the opposite side to the yellow one too) but I'm not sure if the yellow ones are suppsed to do that as they don't look snapped like the top one does.

it's on a large plastic thing on the right at the back of the machine - do you think I'm better off just buying a new one?

When running the machine the water seems to come out of this plastic thing then run down it onto the floor.

wash-1a.JPG

This is a closeup of the top one
wash-2a.JPG

Thanks & sorry for all the pics but I don't really know how to describe the parts as it's the 1st time I've looked inside a washing machine!
worto.

Sponsored Links
Thats a condensor that is broken, you need a new washing m/c

@ 6 years HP will charge for parts and labour, with a condensor it will be new condensor, new fan (saves having problems with existing fan) hence get a new washing m/c

oh don't get a washer dryer, i dont care what you say about space, but the truth is there is more to go wrong with a WD than a WM they cant was as well, they cant dry the same and they are not very good anyway.

Thanks - I thought it looked pretty terminal - at least it's been fun - I can name at least 3 parts inside a washing machine now :)

Thanks for the advice too - I'm defo only getting a washing machine this time, the dryer has been broken on this one for a few months anyway so we have got used to not having one.

I'm going to start a new thread asking for some advice on what to buy - again I've never brought a new washing machine before this one was brought for us back when we 1st started living together so I have no idea on good makes or models.

Thanks for the help guys,
worto.

the condenser is now obselete has been for 6 mths not one person can get them now ,as rare as rocking horse ?????? new mc time go buy a bosch 2 year warranty :LOL:

so is concrete weights and dispenser houseing and cabinets all obselete no more washer dryer drums yipee,

yes go for it a wise choice, stick your old one on flea bay might get a few quid for it as well :LOL:

Thanks rocks - I've stuck the old one on the market place in here as a freebie in case it's any good to anyone for parts.

If noone wants it I'll try ebay before letting comet take it away.

cheers,
worto.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back