House extension drains?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
firstly, i've posted this advert in the plumbing section to, but thought this might also be the best place to add it.
im building a 2 story side extension and need to fit 2 new drains for my rainwater to go into. there is an old pipe i can use and have exposed but am not sure what parts i need to get to connect into it and where is best to buy it from. I'll need 2 drains then something to bring them both over into a y piece in the middle, then the bottom of the y going down and something to join it into the 4" clay pipe.Something like a flexible elbow as i wont need to join inline to the 4" clay pipe as the drain thats feeding the pipe now will be getting removed.
I've included some pics so you can get an understanding.
View media item 8467 View media item 8468 View media item 8469 View media item 8470

Sponsored Links
open microsoft paint (standard on all windoze pcs)

draw a diagram of the site, including drains and those gas, electric and water services.

Mark on the position of the extension.

Your pics are shot at random angles, we can deduce nothing from them.

any connections to the old salt glazed pipes can be made using modern 'fernco' or similar connectors. you will need to use an an angle grinder and will need to clear a lot more soil from around those pipes.

once this connection is complete then there are a whole range of drainage fittings available.

how come you used blocks below the visible dpc?

are the foundations deeper than that rainwater drain pipe in the image?

any connections to the old salt glazed pipes can be made using modern 'fernco' or similar connectors. you will need to use an an angle grinder and will need to clear a lot more soil from around those pipes.

once this connection is complete then there are a whole range of drainage fittings available.

how come you used blocks below the visible dpc?

are the foundations deeper than that rainwater drain pipe in the image?

Yes i'll have to dig fully around the pipe enough to allow the fitting to connect onto the pipe, the old out house drain runs underneath the foundations as it was deeper than the 750mm i was told to dig out and the hole ive dug is to the outside wall of the new build so its just a matter of cutting it and connecting back into it.The remainder can just stay in place as it wont be used and capped off at the dead drain.

I'll check out the fernco fittings you mentioned.

As for the blocks below DPC, what else could i of done, building control and the plans just said to have something like 800mm deep or 2 foot 6" below existing DPC and a 225mm C20 grade foundation.the blocks below DPC have a weak sand/gravel cement mix packed inbetween to strengthen it up which comes up about 100mm short of DPC level.

Sponsored Links
open microsoft paint (standard on all windoze pcs)

draw a diagram of the site, including drains and those gas, electric and water services.

Mark on the position of the extension.

Your pics are shot at random angles, we can deduce nothing from them.

I'm not suprised you have so many posts with snide comments like that Steve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back