House Re-Wire Plan please critique

After you've done that heres another one from page 258 of the big red bumper book of fun. It's a correction for volt drop where the ambient temperature is 30C or above ie any roof void on a hot sunny day. Therefore all domestic sparks should be able to do it. :LOL:
View media item 30417

3816mV/A/m

Sponsored Links
I could do either of them - they aren't exactly complicated.

And I could show my workings so that it could be seen that I had not made any arithmetical errors.

But that's not the same as "proving" that the answer is "right", i.e. proving that the equations are valid i.e. that they produce the right results.

Say you found a formula which you were told was for working out the volume of a round room, radius R, height H:

4π x R² x H

You could plug your values in and produce a result and show that you'd done it correctly, i.e. had not made a mistake, but the formula is wrong - it won't give you the volume of the room, so your answer would not be the volume of the room.

So what do you mean by "prove that your answer is correct"?

Sponsored Links
After you've done that heres another one from page 258 of the big red bumper book of fun. It's a correction for volt drop where the ambient temperature is 30C or above ie any roof void on a hot sunny day. Therefore all domestic sparks should be able to do it. :LOL:
View media item 30417

3816mV/A/m

I think that proves my point, so for a 10 metre run and a load of 10Amps the volt drop is 3.816 x 10 x10 = 381.6 Volts :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Not sure what your point was? :confused:
I made this figure up because you didn't supply the data need to complete the equation such as tp - maximum permitted normal operating temperature or
Ca, Cg, lb or It.

Not sure what your point was?
I'm beginning to wonder if his point is that to him those formulae are as intelligible as a workshop manual for a Klingon starship, and that he assumes that everybody else is afflicted by the same handicap?

OTOH he's shown that he is incapable of understanding even straightforward questions about what he means - maybe he has absolutely no idea what his point is?

Not so - I'd be wary of putting you on ignore because of the number of times you need correcting.

So BAS or vv2806, could one of you do that calc and prove that your answer is correct?

Of course :eek: Anybody who has studied maths in school should be able to. Can't you? :eek:

If any of you want some real man's maths, all you have to do is ask...

Try fourier transform without a FFT for example on a periodic waveform.

All you have is a pen, paper and your brain. ;)

When you have finished that, do some laplace transforms.

YOu all deal with AC, sure you can cope.

You might be surprised but yes, I can do this too. Learned it about 30 years ago and still remember it :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back