Hover went BANG! Now MCB will not reset downstairs ring??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our hover popped a fuse in itself, now the downstairs ring main can not be reset, keeps tripping again even without hover plugged in?

I am getting a bit confused, can you help :confused: ?

Sponsored Links
make sure that it is completely off.. some types only trip halfway and need to be turned fully off before being reset..

Mike, if the above fails, what's written on the switch that wont reset?

I thought an MCB was only 2 pole (on or off), nothing intermediate for safety reasons?

Sponsored Links
not intermediate..

it disconnects but needs the user to pull the handle all the way off before re-set..

Some older RCBOs used to be like this, namely the older Square D Qoe range.
However, if it is only an MCB then I'd be inclined to think the MCB is shot or there is a fault on the circuit. If you switch the main switch off, does the MCB hold up? If so, switch it back off again before closing the main switch and seek further assistance. If the MCB will not hold up then the MCB is probably shot at.

Mike2007 said:
Our hover popped a fuse in itself, now the downstairs ring main can not be reset, keeps tripping again even without hover plugged in?

I am getting a bit confused, can you help :confused: ?

You have a hovercraft?

Mike2007 said:
I thought an MCB was only 2 pole (on or off), nothing intermediate for safety reasons?

Some brands like MK trip to a mid position

reset.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back