How come the police weren't issued riot gear to quell the idiots ?

The statue felled also funded schools to which black people attended and gained their education.
yes we know, why dont you post the whole story.

Edward Colston was responsible for bringing back 80,000 slaves, which were branded on their chest with the initials of his company, 20,000 of the slaves were thrown overboard.

the money that funded the schools is blood money.

The mayor of Bristol is black..
yet campaigns have run for years to try and get the statue removed and or the plaque by democratic means -all to no avail.

I cry myself to sleep every night.. not
Festive denies racism exists because he doesnt see any.

Sponsored Links
yes we know, why dont you post the whole story.

Edward Colston was responsible for bringing back 80,000 slaves, which were branded on their chest with the initials of his company, 20,000 of the slaves were thrown overboard.

the money that funded the schools is blood money.

yet campaigns have run for years to try and get the statue removed and or the plaque by democratic means -all to no avail.

Festive denies racism exists because he doesnt see any.
We know why you dont reply to the whole of my comments. We know why I didnt give the whole story is because we already know why his statue was thrown in the water it's obvious.
We know why you cherry picked parts of my post.
(Who the fck is we)
We know you can be a bit of a 'thrush'. (y)

Sponsored Links
Everything anyone says, thinks or does is racist.
I would say that clears you, of being a racist, on one count. You're not thinking.

Of course, we know that of what you say, the reverse is true.
Racists don't think, they just act and believe what they've been taught to believe, by their peers, their parents and their heroes (like Yaxely Lennon)

Thus, even your absurd argument is flawed.

Last edited:
The mayor of Bristol is black..(another hiccup in the prviliedged selection there surely nothing to do with being the best man for the job or was it a token vote)
Oh dear, festive thinks that all black people in responsible posts are there simply as a token gesture.
He cannot understand that sometimes black people are the best person for the job.
And some question the notion of structural inequality motivated by racism.

He has the audacity to question the merits of a black person in a responsible position, yet he struggles to construct a coherent sentence.

"nothing to do with merit or a token gesture" ?????

A premier footballer noted only a 3rd of football players are black. - Wow that's not a bad representation of the population of blacks in UK.
If I recall correctly, his argument was, (my paraphrasing), "even though a third of players were black, they were vastly under-represented in management"
If my memory serves me well, you even managed to misunderstand his argument. And yet you have the audacity to suggest that black people in responsible jobs is a token gesture.
This is your contribution to the discussion, from someone who is incapable of constructing a coherent sentence, and misunderstands the argument from another native english speaker.

Yes, I cherry-picked parts of your argument.
It's called addressing the salient points, and ignoring all the chaff.

Oh dear, festive thinks that all black people in responsible posts are there simply as a token gesture.
He cannot understand that sometimes black people are the best person for the job.
And some question the notion of structural inequality motivated by racism.

He has the audacity to question the merits of a black person in a responsible position, yet he struggles to construct a coherent sentence.

"nothing to do with merit or a token gesture" ?????
OMg you plonker i thought we discussed this yesterday when you were somewhat tongue-in-cheek and i did say yes i recognise that.

See what i did up there? Being somewhat facetious preempting the defended along the lines of 'oh so you think he was put there as a token gesture?' hence i said it already... no? Oh well, maybe i should have quoted and emphasised so you wouldn't feel so deflated when i say we've been there already bullet ;)

The fact is he is there because he obviously is a popular choice and deserves to be there, and rightly so. Just as a white pink yellow or other 'person of frikkin colour which seems to exclude white as a colour

Have we cleared that up? (y)

If I recall correctly, his argument was, (my paraphrasing), "even though a third of players were black, they were vastly under-represented in management"
If my memory serves me well, you even managed to misunderstand his argument. And yet you have the audacity to suggest that black people in responsible jobs is a token gesture.
This is your contribution to the discussion, from someone who is incapable of constructing a coherent sentence, and misunderstands the argument from another native english speaker.
blah blah token.. blah blah milking it even though youre up the wrong tree... youve slipped back into your online persona alabellend ;) whatever Davro have it :p

Ok no doubt you will also 'defend' the young black guy defacing the Churchill statue saying 'he was a racist so...' you and i know why we may roll our eyes at this.

blah blah token.. blah blah milking it even though youre up the wrong tree... youve slipped back into your online persona alabellend ;) whatever Davro have it :p
Thanks for your thoughts. :whistle:
Sums you up to a tea.

Ok no doubt you will also 'defend' the young black guy defacing the Churchill statue saying 'he was a racist so...' you and i know why we may roll our eyes at this.
What a good job you added some 'thoughtful' comment.
I would defend anyone to speak the truth.
Churchill was a racist, of that there is little doubt.
As is/was Boris. Of that, there is little doubt.

We have a racist PM. Is that alone not sufficient cause for protest, even insurrection?
USA has a racist president. Is that alone not sufficient cause for protest, even insurrection?

I am not condoning insurrection, but the cause is there, to understand it.

As I said, we cannot erase history, but we can learn form it.
To learn from it, we must re-tell it, in today's standards, with the full comprehension of its repercussions.

Last edited:
Have to agree with you Notchy, if we build statues to people who did evil things just because they did some charity work, then maybe there should be one to Jimmy Saville on the grounds that he ran marathons to raise money for good causes.
Oops.. Just read this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-19822296
Agree completely but we are a civilised nation not a mob of rioting gangs.

Request to the council to have it removed. Make the public request highly profile and im sure in this current climate things will happen. Otherwise it just causes more offence, see a few people yesterday of all colours saying what the protesters did was wrong.

I would say that clears you, of being a racist, on one count. You're not thinking.

Of course, we know that of what you say, the reverse is true.
Racists don't think, they just act and believe what they've been taught to believe, by their peers, their parents and their heroes (like Yaxely Lennon)

Thus, even your absurd argument is flawed.
As one wanted to demonstrate.

Sponsored Links
Back