How do DIY Kitchens compare to Howdens Kitchens?

T

teaboyjim

Are DIY Kitchens better quality or as good a quality as Howdens?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Used b and a in last property I did up to sell came in cheaper than howdens but the howdens units I had in other properties have been better quality in my opinion

B&q isn't the same quality wise.

DIY and Howdens are of similar quality. However Howdens have sites all over and problems should be easier to sort than with DIY kitchens

Been to see DIY kitchens, build looks good. Seen Howdens, and again these look good.
If you don't need bespoke colour doors, then price up with DIY and see if Howdens can better it.

Sponsored Links
B&q isn't the same quality wise. DIY and Howdens are of similar quality. However Howdens have sites all over and problems should be easier to sort than with DIY kitchens
How do they compare in terms of price?

I have a diy kitchen, my daughter has Howdens similar quality and price. Howdens will price match if you haggle and easy to replace damaged or missing items. They also help plan. Diy were good with us but rude and less than helpful to daughter and partner when they went to visit showroom.

The carcasses might look similar but they're not, howdens are built with denser chipboard, try cutting it and see.
Also there's no comparison with the doors, especially the most sold wrapped slabs.
I left a chipped door in the garden for a couple of years and it was still ok.

I have a diy kitchen, my daughter has Howdens similar quality and price. Howdens will price match if you haggle and easy to replace damaged or missing items. They also help plan. Diy were good with us but rude and less than helpful to daughter and partner when they went to visit showroom.
Were you buying from Howdens at a trade price?

The carcasses might look similar but they're not, howdens are built with denser chipboard, try cutting it and see.
Also there's no comparison with the doors, especially the most sold wrapped slabs. I left a chipped door in the garden for a couple of years and it was still ok.
If I'm not being nosey are you a carpenter?

Were you buying from Howdens at a trade price though? Interesting they weren't very good with customer service

Daughter used trade account of granddaughters plumber boyfriend
Diy were fine with us, perhaps their guy was having a bad day but it made wife and I look silly for recommending them!

Howdens are all over the place with their trade prices

Howdens were slightly dearer than DIY When I costed like for like, as stated deals vary from branch to branch.

Painted Solid wood doors are the same quality from Howdens/Diy.
Most of these are made of ash and come from Italy so I was told.

Howdens were slightly dearer than DIY When I costed like for like, as stated deals vary from branch to branch. Painted Solid wood doors are the same quality from Howdens/Diy. Most of these are made of ash and come from Italy so I was told.
I've not experienced this "variation" but have been told about it by more than one Howdens trade buyer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back