How do you get started if you'e new to the uk...

bripl said:
harrogategas wrote

If he does not get Corgi registered then he will be breaking the law working on gas and get a severe penalty and/or prison for doing so.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

utter ****,how many unregistered have been prosecuted?the only people to be penalised are the registered :rolleyes:

explain then why I attended court to give evedence on two seperate occasions were an unregistered guy had installed combi boilers and left dangerous gas fitting on both.

One got a £2500 penalty and had to pay costs

The other got a 18 month prison sentance as it was his second offence.

its not **** as you speak of and YOU will only get penalised if your not doiing you job right.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bamber gaspipe wrote:
Quote:
uprightmonkeyuk007 wrote:
Hope I'm in the right foum here guys...

My friend has moved to the uk this year and is a fully qualified plumber and decorator in his own country wih 20 years experience. Does he need uk qualifications to set up a business or will the foreign counterparts be ok?

NO, he is perfectly free to set up his own business. Just make sure he is open at 6am every morning & has my newspaper ready. Does he sell milk?

Welcome to Europe mate..your just as free to go and plumb elsewhere as they are to plumb here. Its only really effecting the UK plumbers who are actually not any good anyway so why you so against it?

Sponsored Links
HarrogateGas said:
bripl said:
harrogategas wrote

If he does not get Corgi registered then he will be breaking the law working on gas and get a severe penalty and/or prison for doing so.

utter ****,how many unregistered have been prosecuted?the only people to be penalised are the registered :rolleyes:

explain then why I attended court to give evedence on two seperate occasions were an unregistered guy had installed combi boilers and left dangerous gas fitting on both.

its not **** as you speak of and YOU will only get penalised if your not doiing you job right.

I think a general point is that had they actually been registered the penalties would, in many cases, be greater.

ollski said:
HarrogateGas said:
bripl said:
harrogategas wrote

I think a general point is that had they actually been registered the penalties would, in many cases, be greater.

Quite right, a registered person MUST and should do the job right.

HarrogateGas said:
ollski said:
HarrogateGas said:
bripl said:
harrogategas wrote

then why do i attend so many breakdowns where the cust has forgot who done the install,no paperwork,no benchmark?and why am i charged for the right to work and when i have informed corgi of unregistered installations/installers dam all is done about it.wake up and look around you harrogategas more installs are done by unregistered than registered you only have to look at the figures for boiler sales to see the truth.

Sponsored Links
bripl said:
wake up and look around you harrogategas more installs are done by unregistered than registered you only have to look at the figures for boiler sales to see the truth.
If this is the truth, then the UGIs have a remarkably good safety record, considering the tiny rate of occurrence of gas related deaths/injuries and fire/explosions.

bripl said:
HarrogateGas said:
ollski said:
HarrogateGas said:
bripl said:
harrogategas wrote

and when i have informed corgi of unregistered installations/installers dam all is done about it..

Because Corgi are not psycic and dont know who is installing them. You forget that many householder put their own boiler in perfcetly legitimatly.

Im not saying that some unregistered plumbers are installing boilers, this is indeed wrong. But there are plenty of registered plumbers putting boilers in who are leaving things in a dangerous state and quite rightly it is these people Corgi are targeting. After all a customer when inviting a corgi bloke into their house should expect a reasonable and safe job done. if the customer doesnt want to check a fitters credentials then thats the customers fault not Corgi's.

what a LOAD OF *******S

read back through your posts mister :rolleyes:

Im not saying that some unregistered plumbers are installing boilers,

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

you must live in a little cottage with roses round the door if you belive that :rolleyes:

and try installers :evil:

might be banned from ARGI but i still aint taking no bull

there are more un reg than reg hoying boilers in :rolleyes:

wake up and smell the coffee :eek:

Young Kev Plumb,
eh marra ...

Right the lil mutt /corki are all bark an no bite ...

a neighbour earlier last year had a gas leak after they had a unreg guy in ...
come wailing at my house an my missus sent em off with corgi etc ,

inspecter turned up only cos the women said she had an address ..
they inspected said it was an *illegal install*

tried to contact the bloke as ....ALWAYS it was post office letter drop ...an only police can give forward address an unless HSE supply details dont bother ....

true ... SORRY FACT OF LIFE....
an with the poles an Romanians everywhere as my RGI (STILL)mate kept banging on at dinner in the boozer ...

Its not getting better ...It needs a ugi gas version of 9/11 to make people think , on that drastic awful note ,

he gets happy then ... lol..lol :) :)

lil dogs with no bite ...

kevplumb

charming lil munkey ......you are ...

this was the gen chat ..lol

or you upset every group BARRED YOU ...lol ;)

It's simple really. You just let the customer make the final connection - and it's all legal. Just a quarter turn on a compression joint will do.

You need to make the pretence of being stupid a little less obvious joe.

Softus said:
bripl said:
wake up and look around you harrogategas more installs are done by unregistered than registered you only have to look at the figures for boiler sales to see the truth.
If this is the truth, then the UGIs have a remarkably good safety record, considering the tiny rate of occurrence of gas related deaths/injuries and fire/explosions.

Yes quite right, but it's a serious crime not using lagged 1 1/4" condensate pipe.

What is wrong is that the registered are not credited with intelligent decision making on the hoof, unlike electricians who a credited with a brain, when doing gas work we have to abide by a whole host of nonsense that has made no contribution to saving lives. I'm not saying it is corgi per se, it is manufacturers and whatever numpty writes building regs. Corgi just have to enforse what these numpties dream up.

(An, if I am nice about corgi will they please send me the replacement card I paid for on the 6th of January? emoticon) Which might soon be replaced with a (living in hope that this year I will get a corgi card emoticon)

Quite honestly Softus there is little insentive to remain registered this end, but I wouldn't do any installs unregistered in this day and age as the solicitors are snapping at sellers heals like Rotty's asking for certificates. No, it has been on my mind for a while that a chap who is adept at repairing combis doesn't need the baggage, and should he be proficient at what he does wouldn't come to anyone's attention, unless he was stupid enough to blab about his plans on the web. (Which is obviously only a mind excercise in my case, my business requires corgi registration, just a thought excercise)

There are plenty of old guard doing gas work unregistered to a very high standard. Good luck to them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back