How do you listen to your music these days?

S

Sombrero

For me, it's an ipod with 4000+ tracks on random shuffle.

I occasionally pick a particular band or playlist (I've created half a dozen playlists)...

but I never use that album cover scroll thing - which is exactly what I DID do when I was 17 !

And will tapes ever make a comeback?

Sponsored Links
In the car on MP3-CD, and on the Brennan at home.

Will not have an iPod.

I see tapes as a thing of the past. You loose quality with every recording, and they degrade. And less functional.

I still have my CDs, and continue to buy them, as I refuse to pay for downloads where ever I can avoid it. I've only bought about 2 downloads.

I have about 50Gb on the Brennan, and stick it on random usually.

On the PC I have about 160Gb of music (MP3s). This is our main archive that we have worked to properly tag etc. Plenty of rarities etc.

Sponsored Links
As i sit in front of a PC most of the day i use a combination of spotify and grooveshark.com. my iphone is bluetoothed into the car for audio books, podcasts etc.

Never understood how anyone can listen to music on an mp3 format you should get a 30% discount after all ur only getting about 70% of the soundtrack. Invariably it sounds awful.

@EddieM LOL yeah but then again peoples headphones are so crappy that theyre not even getting anywhere near that. Love mu sennheisers they only cost £20 and are studio quality!

Turn van on and on comes the radio. Turn van off and...bliss.

I personally do not need to be wired up to music every waking hour and find it difficult to comprehend why people do.

My job means that i need to concentrate and pay attention to what i am doing. I would find having a pair of daft cans stapled to my ears (like pro' footballers on the move) is both ignorant and selfish.

I suppose if i did a mundane job or if my life was as dull as dishwater then i guess listening to music occasionally would be a welcome distraction. Meanwhile i am content with a bit from the car or the van.

@EddieM LOL yeah but then again peoples headphones are so crappy that theyre not even getting anywhere near that. Love mu sennheisers they only cost £20 and are studio quality!

Matters not how good the cans are, they cant correct a crap source!

Various media.

I usually use CDs, as they are convenient and the quality is good. I have LPs, though, but have copied most of them on to minidiscs to save wear and possible scratches to the LPs.

I do have some tape cassettes from the old days, but they are so crap that I never listen to them.

I also have some music on my computer as mp3s and similar, but you cannot find much of my sort of music available to record online. :cry:

Various media.

I usually use CDs, as they are convenient and the quality is good. I have LPs, though, but have copied most of them on to minidiscs to save wear and possible scratches to the LPs.

I do have some tape cassettes from the old days, but they are so crap that I never listen to them.

I also have some music on my computer as mp3s and similar, but you cannot find much of my sort of music available to record online. :cry:

I sold my old cassette deck for nearly £140, now really who would honestly want that, i was gonna bin it!!

I sold my old cassette deck for nearly £140, now really who would honestly want that, i was gonna bin it!!

If it was a Nakamichi I could understand it. Most people never got to hear how good cassette could be.

I still spend hundreds of pounds a year on vinyl as personally no other format comes close. I used to buy a lot of vinyl a few years ago but then kind of stopped and stuck to downloading mp3's. I sold my turntables for some spends for a holiday and was going to get rid of a lot of my records but luckily decided against it, as looking back now i would've regretted it a lot. Fast forward a few years and i got fed up of buying mp3's and downloading a file onto my computer. It just isn't the same as owing a physical item and the feel and sound of vinyl. Having gigabytes of music on a computer hard drive just doesn't compare to a real record collection to me. Anyway, i went out and bought some 1210's got right back into it and love it again. Just can't beat searching for tunes in a record shop, or buying online and getting a load of 12" delivered by the postman. :D

Sponsored Links
Back