How do you see this installation? Another potential pt P?

Darkness said:
Its nice to live in part of the UK that isn't affected by Part P or is it :confused:

I'm not worried.

I also live in a part of the UK that isn't affected by Part P. (I live near Birmingham in my house, and Part P has no standing whatsoever in my house)

Sponsored Links
FWL_Engineer said:
BAS, why are you being a pedantic git, as far as 99.9% of the population are concerned if you say it comes under Part P then you are saying it is Notifiable, when you say it does not come under Part P then you are saying it is not ntoifiable.

Now stop being an a**e on your holier than thou Part P soap box as you making your self sound really pedantic and daft..
Isn't it strange how people who bandy about accusations of pedantry do so because they want to be vague and inaccurate in their speech, and want their words to mean something other than what they say.

You can waffle all you like FWL_How-dare-you-call-yourself-an-engineer, but I will stick to being accurate.

FWL_Engineer said:
BAS, why are you being a pedantic git, as far as 99.9% of the population are concerned if you say it comes under Part P then you are saying it is Notifiable, when you say it does not come under Part P then you are saying it is not ntoifiable.

Now stop being an a**e on your holier than thou Part P soap box as you making your self sound really pedantic and daft..

No he is correct, just because it comes under Part p alone does not always make it notifiable

Ebee, I know what he meant, but he is being pedantic as I know he knew what I meant...

BAS..How dare I call myself an Engineer...well probably because I am one on paper and several times by employment and title. But as I am self employed i am not currently working as one, if this bloody BB allowed me to change my login name then it would not longer be FWL_Engineer as FWL no longer bloody exists and it's all irrelevent....

BTW BAS...what are your electrical qualification??

Sponsored Links
FWL_Engineer said:
if this b****y BB allowed me to change my login name then it would not longer be FWL_Engineer as FWL no longer b****y exists and it's all irrelevent....

email admin and they can change it

FWL_Engineer said:
Ebee, I know what he meant, but he is being pedantic as I know he knew what I meant...
I'm not interested in whether you, or I, knew what the other meant, I am interested in giving accurate, correct information to people.

BTW BAS...what are your electrical qualification??
None - but then you know that. Although what relevance it has to this escapes me - my comment on your user ID was down to your distinctly un-engineer like attitude to precision and accuracy.

I love this Part p lark.
After all it brings out the cut and thrust of lively debate from all these friends on the forum.
YIPPEE

As the person that started this thread off, may I just say that the lighting and sensors are up now, fully wired and if I may say so, do a very good job of illuminating the walls (I fixed each one above a hanging basket so the baskets now get a splash of light to highlight them at night) and the surrounding paths and drives without shining into anybodies windows or drivers eyes.

The PIR's are 360 deg ceiling types so the whole installation is virtually invisible and with not one millimeter of exposed wiring.

If anyone is interested, I found two items that made pulling cables through holes in the soffit from the loft particularly easy (I did the installation on my tod). The 25-35mm wide trim strip that goes around double glazing windows (on the inside) comes in 5 meter lengths. It's greatest attribute is that being rigid in one plane, you can actually steer it up through the various wooden obstacles between soffit and loft space (from the outside that is). Unfortunately, I bought the said trim to go around my windows so have to buy more now as it's scratched to buggery.

The other aid for smaller holes is the signal cable NTL use for their TV. True the added pleasure is in removing their cable in the first place, plus losing the eysore of the indiscriminate routing of cable around your exterior walls plus the hundreds of cable clips...... but it does maintain a stiffness which gives great 'poke-ability':)

BTW, does the FWL bit stand for Foster Wheeler Limited by any chance FWL_Engineer?

Jon.

andy said:
FWL_Engineer said:
if this b****y BB allowed me to change my login name then it would not longer be FWL_Engineer as FWL no longer b****y exists and it's all irrelevent....

Tried that, not possible :confused:

FWL_Engineer said:
andy said:
FWL_Engineer said:

Tried that, not possible :confused:

it is? they changed mine!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back