How long to leave Bullseye 123 before painting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have given some woodwork 2 coats of Bullseye 123. All fine and happy with the product.

The top coat will be standard gloss.

My question is how long to leave the 123 before the topcoat?

MIs state that 123 is hard dry after 7 days so was wondering whether it is best to leave the 123 for that period to ensure the best results.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards and HNY,

B

Sponsored Links
I finished the second coat on Sunday afternoon.

I am ready to gloss but didn't want to mess it all up by applying the topcoats too soon.

However, it occurred to me that tradespersons wouldn't be waiting a week to apply the finishing coat(s) hence why I asked.

Basically, I need to know if it will make much difference by topcoating now as opposed to waiting.

Thanks for the reply.

B

I'm sure an expert will be along, but in the meantime I would be inclined to wait if you can...can't you find another task to be getting on with? :)

Sponsored Links
MIs say recoat after 1 hour, I've never waited beyond the next day, for performance reasons, when top coating anything, who cares whether the primer is scrape hardened as long as the top coat is, it will all eventually harden.
Crack on and get it done, if we waited for every coat to fully cure it would be a long old process

Thanks Chappers. That follows my initial thoughts on the subject.

Maybe I'll tell SWMBO later.......:giggle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back