How much cleaner does your Karcher use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tried my new X 5.70 at the weekend with a bottle of P'n'C general cleaner to go over three plastic garden chairs. I set the cleaner volume to "min". Two minutes later, when the three chairs had had a quick brush over, the cleaner cartridge was all but empty. Can someone verify if this rate of use is normal? If it is, £10 to wash 3 chairs is ridiculous and I would think it would take two bottles to clean a small car at that rate.

Has anyone come across some Karcher data that specifies the cleaner throughput for the various flow settings?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't have a Karcher, but have a Halfrauds' own brand one and the same thing happened first time I used it. Must have cost me the best part of a tenner to wash the car!

I think they all work on the same principle. The lower the pressure, the more detergent bleeds into the mix. The idea is to lower the pressure only JUST enough to allow bubles to start forming AND THEN only just spray it on until the car is covered. After that, release the trigger and just wash with a brush or mop, adding the odd squirt of water / detergent as required.

Sponsored Links
You don't expect consumables to be cheap do you, how do you think they make a profit?

Wotan

Back