How much do you pay for energy?

Selective comment, it is costing the french government billions in bailing out edf to allow this 4% so the people are still going to be paying for the rising energy costs

Macarooon can leave EDF to fleece the Brits, and sell off bits of our generating infrastructure to the Chinese...

Sponsored Links
Macarooon can leave EDF to fleece the Brits, and sell off bits of our generating infrastructure to the Chinese...

the sale of UK infrastructure was carried out by UK governments.

Are you saying you don't approve of Thatcherism?

I think I must have struck lucky too. 3 bed semi. Just the two of us here, Gas heating on from 6.00 - 10.30. Gas hot water, gas hob. I renewed our two year fixed deal with OVO in October '21 just before the proverbial hit the fan. Using around 4,000kw of electricity and 13,500kw of gas per year. Was paying £100 per month. Now paying £127 until October 2023. It was more than double last time I checked.

View attachment 265859
I was on a fixed contract with people's energy - and then the bar stewards went bust and now I'm on a thousand pounds a week. Well, feels like anyway.

Sponsored Links
I currently pay

for Electricity: Unit rate 17.13p per kWh: Standing charge 26.99p a day

For Gas: Unit rate 3.06p per kWh: Standing charge 25.50p a day

And what are your prices?

By sheer chance, I took out a 2-year fixed price contract in July.

We have just had an unusually mild winter, so even my current usage is quite low.

Lucky me.
Mine are:
Electricity: Unit rate - 16.70 per kWh: Standing charge 25.26p per day.
Gas: Unit rate - 2.689 per kWh: Standing Charge 24.84 per day

Mine are:
Electricity: Unit rate - 16.70 per kWh: Standing charge 25.26p per day.
Gas: Unit rate - 2.689 per kWh: Standing Charge 24.84 per day

that seems very low - is that a fixed term contract taken out before the problems began ?

I find it hard to understand the substantial day-rate increases , giving that is for connection to the network/rental etc and no related to any energy prices

2years Fixed price taken out end of 2020
GAS - KWh 2.98p dayrate 18.45p
Electric - KWh 16.53p dayrate 16.39p
your unit rates are very good

Due to run later this year, dreading the new price ........

that seems very low - is that a fixed term contract taken out before the problems began ?

I find it hard to understand the substantial day-rate increases , giving that is for connection to the network/rental etc and no related to any energy prices

2years Fixed price taken out end of 2020
GAS - KWh 2.98p dayrate 18.45p
Electric - KWh 16.53p dayrate 16.39p
your unit rates are very good

Due to run later this year, dreading the new price ........
My contract with EDF was, like yours, a 2 years fixed and was also taken out at the end of 2020. It is very low and maybe I should raise a complaint about being treated differently from other consumers. On second thoughts, maybe I won’t.

It assumes you don't need gas to heat, cook shower etc. Loads of people manage, if people started doing it maybe they'd
shat themselves and bring down charges :confused:
Just tongue in cheeks, but.....

Does anyone know what is involved in being completely disconnected from the gas supply.? As with everything in the news, I think the problem is being exaggerated - but as prices rise there could come a time when certain people cannot afford gas and choose to be disconnected. I can see leaving being made difficult by the gas companies, a bit like trying to leave the European Union. And they would demand a higher price if you ever wanted to come back.

I don’t have a contract
Just pay as I go for leccy and gas

All the comments so far are about the cost for our heating / electricity, as individuals.

This will be a double-whammy to the worst off.
As energy costs are also soaring for businesses, manufacturers, educational establishments, etc. these additional costs are going to be passed straight on to the customers! :confused:

No need to go through cadent just contact your supplier and tell them you no longer require a meter .
They will come out and remove meter for free .
at least 12 months later it should flag up on cadent or whatever ESP covers your area they will come out and check the service is not being used and if you say you have no intentions of using it again they will then cut it off out in the street for free within a couple of weeks depending on worrkload as its against the regs to leave it in . If you hum and ha about it they will give you a couple of months cooling off period

there are plenty of people working full time, who can’t afford to heat their homes and can’t afford to buy enough food.
Yes, but are they going to get the help that those on benefits are being lined up for. That's what I was eluding to.

It can be a cushy life on benefits with free everything. Not worth taking one of the millions of jobs that are available.

While the workers, the tryers, the self employed, the ones that may need to hold down two jobs to get by will not get the same help as those that choose to just sit at home.

Sponsored Links
Back