how much work

not shooting any green shoots mate

optimistic approach is all well and good but it doesnt make work where there is none.

it sucks but it wont last

:)

Sponsored Links
its there, you just need to find it, but its not always easy

Phone was very quite january but wasn`t too worried as i dont do any proper jobs in jan as i like a nice long break after xmas .
Feb was reasonably busy but had a couple of big jobs cancel due to redundancy.
March started well and then just got stupid, on monday alone took in 4 weeks work and there is another few definites to come back(so working well ahead now). And back to filtering calls.
So it looks like people are just going to carry on spending

not shooting any green shoots mate

optimistic approach is all well and good but it doesnt make work where there is none.

it sucks but it wont last

:)

Who knows, could have had someone visit the forum from Merseyside, who is a plumber and has lots of work on, maybe an oldish guy who is finding it hard to take on jobs by himself now, and wouldn't mind some help.

Sponsored Links
its there, you just need to find it, but its not always easy

well said there is work out there just a little harder than it was before. i have set up my own business about 9 months ago now with the bad times it is still the best move i have made.

I always here people moaning there is no work about but they dont do anythink about it they just sit at home waiting for the phone to ring. like today i had a job moved to start next week now so in my free time i will go out there and post my flyers around peoples houses which has payed off alot for me not the best thing i enjoy doing but it needs to be done.

After xmas i was a little quite i had 2 weeks work canceal on me and did not have much work booked up till april time then in a matter from friday to monday i had 3 jobs come in that keeped me busy for 7 weeks. i have just finished them jobs now and they have booked me back for doing more work for them at the end of the month. one of them jobs was from doing flyers which all together that flyer has given me 3 weeks worth of work so fair, From another flyer in the last couple of weeks it went from a 1 day job to a 5 day job now i have just booked them in for another 2 weeks work in september , so my point across to people start geting your name out there it may get you work like it has me.

hope all end up well for you all.

all the best carl

My work ethic has not changed, even since the recession.

When the phone rings i pounce! My enthusiasm does not alter whether i am busy or not. ALL customers deserve your attention. Do not neglect them when times are good.:cool:

to john 506
have you tried the jobcentreplus website,i think there was a couple of plumbing jobs being advertised in liverpool and birkenhead
bob (WIRRAL)

TO JOHN506
just had another thought!
i work for a large national company and quite a few times i get customers asking if i can do some private work and to be honest its not worth me doing it because of the shifts for instance im off today tomorrow then im on for seven days so you see the problem
if you provide me a contact point ill pass your name and number on to any customers i come across
bob
ps its all plumbing work

Sponsored Links
Back