how much work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im only working with work upto three weeks in front at the moment. Not many calls coming in.Im in merseyside.Hows everyone else doing.

Sponsored Links
Im only working with work upto three weeks in front at the moment. Not many calls coming in.Im in merseyside.Hows everyone else doing.

Fancy having someone work for you? Someone with their own van, tools, experience..? Or even need a labourer?

One is looking for a plumbing job :)

Er john the boys are complaining about a lack of work, why on earth would they want to add to overheads by employing anyone?

Sponsored Links

You have three weeks work, lucky you I don't even have any work for next week. Cumbria is fickle...

several quotes out to previous customers- nothing coming back yet- having talked to them to generate something all Im'e getting is were hanging on for a bit, generally it's just bits and pieces which in better times Iwould not be interested in, but needs must and I have to be gratefull for that. It ain't good, Noseall you must be doing something right, expect you don't fancy going into partnership do you? :rolleyes:

well booked up and the phone has gone absolutley ballisitic over the last few weeks with the better weather (landscaper) Weve also changed our advertising and done more of it, which seems to be paying off and bringing in more work.

Been quite despondent since mid December. Lost two good jobs to the recession (children returned home with familes at one ex job :eek: ) desperate times, was even painting a bloody bird box other week, planting godfathers another, quite a bit of outside work to do (decorating) but was too cold. With improving weather have got a lot busier but, normal years I'm booked up 3/4 months. Now I got work to go at, I go and do me bloody back in sweeping up down the garden :rolleyes:
Think I'm avin a baaaaaaad yr.

Think I'll go in for underfloor banking, then I'll be eligible to sign on ;)

Er john the boys are complaining about a lack of work, why on earth would they want to add to overheads by employing anyone?

The amount I've tried to find a job in the plumbing industry, in my eyes, anything is worth a try :)

The amount I've tried to find a job in the plumbing industry, in my eyes, anything is worth a try :)

So you reckon that asking two lads who are bemoaning the lack of work is worth a pop?

Wow how long have you been looking for a start?

Mebbe time for a rethink perhaps

:)

Well I bought a van and all the tools with a view to starting up on my own, but with money being tight and startup costs not being that cheap, I have applied to like 30 companies, phoned some up too but just nothing.

I've been doing gardening, got a P&D job next week just anything I can get at the moment.

Frustration!! :cry:

Why be frustrated

the work just aint there at the mo.

Lads with years of experiance are being laid off and its only going to get worse

sorry mate

Why be frustrated

the work just aint there at the mo.

Lads with years of experiance are being laid off and its only going to get worse

sorry mate
Right, just let your head hang down. More depressing stories is all we need to shoot the green shoots!

Agree with the sentiment mentioned above: anything you can try is worthwhile, then you're in front of all of those who've let their heads down and are waiting for better times instead of finding better times themselves.

Rant over

Sponsored Links
Back