How much would these jobs cost to do from a home buyer report ?

You assume costs are linear,assume garden,depth reduction sizes.of no use whats so ever..why not tell him his household bill and travel costs too...When you have no idea about them either!
You are just winding Johnny up now....poor chap was only trying to help :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Plus the ground heave could be a can of worms. I’ve seen houses demolished & rebuilt with that.

You are just winding Johnny up now....poor chap was only trying to help :ROFLMAO:
So was I Notcheous...Bit of education in life hurts no one!!!...The OP cannot be azzed to give any dimensions.People are too soft.

Sponsored Links
So was I Notcheous...Bit of education in life hurts no one!!!...The OP cannot be azzed to give any dimensions.People are too soft.

Yeah so true.

Some of items it's poss to put a number, but stuff like "damp".....it's just a piece of string.

The OP has prob gone anyway

And I thought my sparky was a bit pricey.
Yeah I guessed £700 for consumer unit plus a bit of bonding and circuit repair given age.

£5k isnt out of the way for Surrey Sussex. I was paying £1500 to £2000 for wiring an orangery.

My guestimate based on being a customer / DIYer, not a builder, is about £25k. At least, that is what I'd budget for if buying a house*.

I'd try to negotiate the price down too for some of those items (obviously not removing the kitchen wall as that is personal taste), but old unsafe electrics, old heating, drainage and roof in disrepair (moss etc) are all negotiating points.

*But first, find out why the living room floor is bulging up, as that could be a reason to look for a different property!

I talked about maths which is not an opinion on this planet, but...
diynot.com is in the virtual world, so anyone is allowed to say that 2+2 = 2657.
God bless the internet.

I did the plumbing & heating on 5 large detached houses in a gated estate a few years ago. (Michael Shanley Home’s) The originals all developed ground heave after a few years. MS homes & NHBC shared the cost of demolishing them & rebuilding them identically & rehousing the family’s during the work. Anyway, midway through the 2nd fix all the work was halted. A Neighbore had noticed that the roof line of one of the houses was taller than before. The dopey brickys had layed an extra course of block work on the ground floor of all of the houses so they had to come down again & rebuilt!

I talked about maths which is not an opinion on this planet, but...
diynot.com is in the virtual world, so anyone is allowed to say that 2+2 = 2657.
God bless the internet.

You talked about maths sure, but your calculation made no allowance for bulking up, so if you were doing the job you wouldnt have had enough skip space.

Im surprised as a builder you dont know about bulking up -usually an allowance of around 40% is added which is what I did. Since that tool it well over 1 skip I put in for 2.

I did the plumbing & heating on 5 large detached houses in a gated estate a few years ago. (Michael Shanley Home’s) The originals all developed ground heave after a few years. MS homes & NHBC shared the cost of demolishing them & rebuilding them identically & rehousing the family’s during the work. Anyway, midway through the 2nd fix all the work was halted. A Neighbore had noticed that the roof line of one of the houses was taller than before. The dopey brickys had layed an extra course of block work on the ground floor of all of the houses so they had to come down again & rebuilt!

Sounds like the site was cleared of trees before starting......

So the brickies error got past the site foreman and the architect...oops

You talked about maths sure, but your calculation made no allowance for bulking up, so if you were doing the job you wouldnt have had enough skip space.

Im surprised as a builder you dont know about bulking up -usually an allowance of around 40% is added which is what I did. Since that tool it well over 1 skip I put in for 2.
You need to work by schedule, not like some labourers who will always be labourers for life: you tell them to dig 4 inches and they dig a foot.
Being on top of everything is essential for the success of a business, so 40% bulking up is waaaay over what anyone should factor in.
Also, covering the skip at the end of the day so not to find old furniture and mattresses in the morning is essential.
In some areas we even went to the extent of fitting a camera in the upstairs window and putting up metal barriers.
A couple of years ago a landlord took a dismantled bed and mattress back to his neighbour over the road after seeing a footage.
They fell out as the bloke denied being the culprit despite being caught on camera.

Sponsored Links
Back