How to build a stud partition wall in bathroom and create a walk in closet.

Discussion in 'Building' started by Kingnew, 23 Aug 2021.

1. Kingnew

Kingnew

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have just purchased a new property with a spacious bathroom. How do I build a stud partition wall and create a walk in closet. Is the possible.
    What materials are needed? I will need to approach the builders with a bit of some knowledge, idea. Also to reduce some costs and buy most of the equipment and be charged only the building/ installation work.
    Thank you in advance to those who shall help.

2. motorbiking

motorbiking

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    A picture would help.

Is it tiled?

A simple stud wall can be nailed/screwed together around the door frame with plasterboard and sound proof insulation etc in side. You probably need to think about if you want a light or any power socket in the walk in room.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. Nige F

Nige F

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    One to think of - if you're entering through the bathroom think of the damp air getting into the closet (then maybe causing condensation mould )

5. oldbutnotdead

oldbutnotdead

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Is this a brand new new build or just new to you? Whichever, you'll see little financial benefit in your plan (unless you already have a builder friend who'll do the work at mates rates). Getting a builder (realistically you're looking at a joiner or handyman) to price a job on that basis-good luck. And at the moment good luck getting anyone interested in the job...

6. Sponsored Links