How to build a stud partition wall in bathroom and create a walk in closet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased a new property with a spacious bathroom. How do I build a stud partition wall and create a walk in closet. Is the possible.
What materials are needed? I will need to approach the builders with a bit of some knowledge, idea. Also to reduce some costs and buy most of the equipment and be charged only the building/ installation work.
Thank you in advance to those who shall help.

Sponsored Links
A picture would help.

Is it tiled?

A simple stud wall can be nailed/screwed together around the door frame with plasterboard and sound proof insulation etc in side. You probably need to think about if you want a light or any power socket in the walk in room.

One to think of - if you're entering through the bathroom think of the damp air getting into the closet (then maybe causing condensation mould )

Sponsored Links
Is this a brand new new build or just new to you? Whichever, you'll see little financial benefit in your plan (unless you already have a builder friend who'll do the work at mates rates). Getting a builder (realistically you're looking at a joiner or handyman) to price a job on that basis-good luck. And at the moment good luck getting anyone interested in the job...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back